Thread: Yummy Food for Teething Ideas

Stacey Guest

Default Yummy Food for Teething Ideas

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions to give cold fruit when teething.. I tried rockmelon tonite and she like it but I was really scared she would choke ... any other ideas along the lines of yummy food to soothe ?

Stacey,

Olivia, when she is teething, is very fussy with what she eats, but you're right, fruit always goes down OK, the colder the better.

The worry we go through with choking aside, water melon and rock melon (straight drom the fridge) are great.

Also, seedless grapes, cut in half, straight from the fridge.

I also used to make icy blocks of pureed apricot and leave them on the high chair tray for Olivia.....brings instant teething relief, but the mess is terrible and SO sticky, but worth it, I figure, when their teethy pregs are hurting........

Stacey Guest

Thanks Lucy, the icy poles is a good idea ... not sure she will be able to keep a grasp though ... will be fun watching ...

Stacey, I just remembered something else that I did with Olivia when she was smaller.........this sounds a bit weird, but it worked! (It was my Mum's idea.)

Soak a clean face-washer in apple juice, fold it up and freeze it, and then offer it to your daughter & she will probably suck on it & chomp down on it.......it'll be easier for her to hold, & lovely and cold.......(still sticky, but hey, whatever works!)

My SIL used to give my nephew frozen banana......she would chop the banana in half, freeze it, and offer Will a half......again, sticky and messy but worked well for her.....(I tried this with Olivia but she is just not that keen on banana at the best of times, so it didn't work for us...)

Stacey Guest

Wow there fantastic ideas !!! especially the face cloth .. I was wetting one and she would suck on that ... but yummie with applie juice i'm sure ...

Was just about to throw some rockmelon in the juicer to make cubes for her ... now I can have a party and do the face cloth as well !!

Thanks alot

Stacey Guest

oh darn no apple juice, would orange juice work as well ??

Also Number 1 daughter lived on watered down apple juice but it was no good for her teeth .... ended up with stains on them .... she only and still does, drink milk and apple juice no junk food or soft drink and she still got stains on her teeth.

I am thinking that I wont be giving Number 2 daughter apple juice ..

What do you think ?

Funnily enough, the only time Olivia has ever had apple juice was on the frozen face washer: the rest of hte time she has water only, or if we have squeezed some oranges I give her a bit of watered down OJ.

But I am sure OJ on the face washer would work just as well...........