Thread: Zantac - what dose was your bub put on?

Default Zantac - what dose was your bub put on?

DD has just ben put on Zantac. DS also had reflux and was on Zantac as well. I recall him beong on a completely different dose to what DD has been put on. So my quesion is what dose was your bub put on? DD is 4 weeks and has been put on 1ml x 3 daily.
    She also seems to have Colic. Poor little bub

My son is on Zantac in combo with Losec so its probably a different ball game.... but he's on 1.8 ml morning and night. He's 7.5kg.

If you check out the crying over spilt milk NZ site they have good info about medications and common dosages.

The generic name of Zantac is Ranitidine. This site basically says about 4 - 8mg per kilogram per day, sometimes higher. Zantac has 150mg per 10ml -> so 15mg per mL. So your bub is on 3mls a day which is 45mg. So depending on bub's weight you can work out if its in the lower or higher end of the range.

Reflux and Colic sucks. Poor bub - poor mum!! Look after yourself.

???? Ryan was put on Zantac, and the Pharmacist asked his age, which I think was four weeks and a couple of days, and because he was more than four weeks, he was no longer a new born, but an infant, so his dose was (and still is) 0.5mL three times per day. And the pharmacist said that it is a "high dosage".

StephV Guest

Lirrienne is just over 3 mths and 5kgs and was put on Zantac last week. We give her 0.7ml (2/3rds of a ml) twice a day.

Riley has been on Zantac since he was 5 weeks old, his inital dosage was 0.5ml 3 times a day, it has changed since then, my gp reacessed and i guess as he gets older and weight changes.. he is now on 1.4ml twice a day. i think that is quiet a high dosage, and i hope to take him off it soon, hopefully solids will make a differance!? fingers crossed!

Xavier was on Zantac from 4wks old and his dose was 3 x 1ml per day. I watered down with 1ml of water as he found the taste nasty at the recommendation of the pharmacist

I weaned him off it gradually and eventually he was only on 1ml a day still split and given over 3 doses. He came of it at 18wks old.

Jo

Grace, My DD was put on 1ml twice a day from 2-3 months but she is 4 1/2 months now its is a lifesaver the stuff if only she could keep it down instead of throwing it all up after giving it to her ive been putting 1.5 in twice a say so at least she might get some of it.