Thread: 40 minutes naps

Default 40 minutes naps

Question for those of you with bubs who only like to nap for 40 minutes.

If you bubs sleeps for a longer period, do you suddenly feel lost? I am so used to rushing to do things in a short amount of time, I then don't know what to do if DD sleeps longer. Of course there is stuff to do, but it kind throws me out IYKWIM. I spend the whole time checking on her, when I should be making the most of it.

Anyone else get this way?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I know this faaaaar too well Astrid! If she goes to sleep:

1. Sit DOWN!
    2. Have a cuppa and watch a t.v. show you'd like to watch. The rest can wait and you can be a far more effective mother / cleaner if you are rested and destressed to some extent.
    3. Make a list of what is most important to get done to you
    4. Cross it off as you go but don't worry if it all doesn't get done in the one day
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I have given up with her day sleeps and just do what I can when shes awake now. Everytime I rush off to do something she wakes(if I leave her to soon) or wakes 45mins after she first falls asleep but if I stay by her grab a cuppa and a book ready to rock, push etc... as soon as she stirs I can usually turn it into a 1.5hr to 2 hr sleep. Ofcourse when teething etc it gets trickier.

Well it has just been over 2 hours and she has just woken up. Gee she is a much happier little girl for it, she didn't fight with me for the nappy change!

It is amazing how much better I feel after her nap, even if I get nothing done.

Melinda Guest

Jacob did that for several months, Astrid. I used to run around like a cut cat trying to do things in that short space of time LOL.

When his sleeping patterns altered it was really odd!