Thread: Aaaargh WHY OH WHY?

Unhappy Aaaargh WHY OH WHY?

Sari is so tired and will fall asleep on us, floppy limbs asleep; but as soon as you try to put her in bed, she cracks the sads

We are trying to start putting her to bed earlier as she will snooze on us right up until 10-11pm and in the past I would end up boobying her to sleep but lately even that isnt working. She used to booby to sleep then sleep for up to 5-6 hours then would wake for a feed and be back in bed within the hour (booby to sleep again) but she is doing the same thing then when I try and put her to bed. I dont think it is wind. The last three nights I have given up and ended up leting her sleep on me on the couch (all done safely so she cant go anywhere etc). Is she running rings around us do you think?

Tonight we are taking turns to put her to sleep and then put her to bed and we are just going to try and persevere until it works Last night was a nightmare she woke within half an hour of being put to bed (10.30pm) and I tried until 3am to get her back in bed then gave up and slept for a few hours on the couch with her. I cant do this every night!

We have soft music playing in her room, there is a top of mine and Dh's in her cot plus a ticking watch. The room is warm plus she is dressed warmly as she kicks the blanket off.. aaaargh... any thoughts on why she is beng this way?

BTW she has been this way after sleeping well through out the day and not having alot of sleeps too..cant win!

Cheers
    Nets

Ok Phil has just put her down and she arked up straight away but the cry isnt a real one, more an indignant one, you put me to bed you b*stard ha ha.. it is sort of stop start at the moment too. I am thinking I might go try a dummy but the problem I have had with that in the past is she wakes as soon as it falls out. I dont really like leaviing her to cry either in case anyone was going to suggest it, we cant handle listening to it for too long....

Hmm thought it could be something like that... she has grown 10.5cm & put on 2 kgs since birth and I have noticed that her 000 jumpsuits in the last week are too small now..

She is quite happily laying in bed sucking a dummy but prob is once it falls out she grizzles. I have just tried propping her on her side so if it starts to fall out she can suck it back in ha ha.. will see how that goes.

Hi Netty. Your bub was born the same day as mine, so congratulations on having a "day before Valentine's day" baby!

My little "angel" had a horrible two days earlier this week where no matter what I did, she would not settle. She was miserable and I had NO clue of what to do. Like you, I was thinking I would not be able to handle it if it continued. I told DH that days like that made me feel more certain I should NOT have another baby! My nerves were frazzled and my back was killing me from carrying her around all day. I did get around 20 minutes of sleep out of her in the Baby Bjorn, and she was a lot happier after that sleep too.

Anyway, she has now returned to normal - actually she's much better than normal, smiling a lot more than before. I attribute it to another growth phase, as there was nothing actually "wrong" with her.

So maybe it'll just pass within a day or so like mine did? Did she have her 8 week check recently? If not, maybe when you take her, ask then if there's something you can do.

Good luck and I do hope it passes soon!

Thanks Michelle, Isabella is gorgeous
    Laast ngiht Sari wanted a feed every three hours so I reckon it muct be a growth spurt. Just makes it hard as it takes up to an hour to get her back to sleep then she is awake again within 2 hours...makes for a very tired mummy. She does sleep very well during the day so cant complain. I am going to try and catch up on z's this weekend while DH is around to take the pressure off a bit too. Hopefully all back to normal soon.

xx

Netty, sounds like Sari is the same as DS - they even have the same birthday! If you read my thread in this forum you will see I'm having similar troubles with sleeping. Perseverence and routines seem to be the key things, but do check out all the suggestions made there if you like.

Hiya Ryn, yeah I read that thread and made note of all the suggestions but nothing makes any difference! Even today she is not sleeping for long and me and DH get too tired holding her for too long, you put her down then she wakes! Very frustrating!

Will she go to sleep in a crib if you stand over her? With DS, he just doesn't know to close his eyes, maybe Sari needs you as a comfort thing. Plus I put DS down very slowly, so I'm still cuddled up to him when he touches the crib, and I remove myself slowly too.

I think it is a comfort thing Ryn. She is havign a huge sleep now (there goes the new routine out the window). This afternoon I went and alid down with her on our bed (her on me) and she snoozed with a dummy then it gradually fell out and I ended up moving her to her rocker and she is still sleeping. DH and I both think she obviously needs it so dont want to wake her. Plus her rocker is in the lounge and it must be a deep sleep as no noises are bothering her.
    She fed 2 hourly all day today too so I am putting this down to a growth spurt... hopefully sleeping better tonight, hope the same for you and leibling!!!