Thread: day sleeps

Default day sleeps

Now coco is sitting and crawling etc, whenever I put her in the cot, she wants to sit and play. I am having trouble getting her to even sleep in the arvo, but this is not good as she then wakes at night. She needs two sleeps. Im thinking it's a novelty and hopefully it will wear off, just wondering if others have experienced this. Also her room is light in the day, so she looks around. I can't darken it, but it's never been a prob until now.
    thanks xo

I have found that darkening the room works best. Do you have anything that you can put over the window just for the duration of her sleep? I found that when any of my three did that, I would leave them and if they were happy, they would go to sleep anyway, it may of taken 10 mins, it may of taken 1/2 hour, but they did go to sleep eventually.

You could try associating certain activities with sleep, like if you do X, then put her to bed, she knows that it is sleep time IYWKIM?

Thanks, thing is we've had same routine for 9 months, so she knows. The prob with light is that the window is one whole wall, so pretty massive. I am hoping the novelty wears off soon, also I guess she could be overtired. Thanks for your advice! xo

Melinda Guest

I'd say if Coco is happy in there playing, just leave her there and see how she goes. She may well have a little play by herself and then put herself to sleep. I'd stick with whatever sleep cues you have been giving her as she knows what they mean, but just leave her and see what happens.

We would do this to Jacob and honestly at times he'd prattle on for ages, but then he'd go quiet and fall asleep! If he started to get upset though, we'd go straight in and start on our settling techniques with him.

He's a different kettle of fish these days mind you!

Yep I agree. Sometimes jenna will just sit and babble for 40mins quite happily, and then just lay her head down and go to sleep. Amazing really
    I think its really good for them to get a bit of independednt play time like this - I'm sure it must spark up their imaginations.
    Maybe put in one or two favourite toys for her to play with?
    Its about this time that we went to a grobag as well, cause I couldn't deal with the going in and checkin she was under the blankets all the time. The grobag was a lifesaver!

Meg I agree.... Indah now prattles away for an hour in the morningsbefore actually whinging for someone to come & get her, if I peek in she is laying down talking away playing with her hair (such a girl!)
    I have often popped her in her cot & she is sitting up talking away by the time I am at the door & I blow her a kiss & say have a rest now... She smiles & then i leave her sometimes she is happy in there for up to 2.5 hours & I think she hasnt actually slept really, but I think it is good for them to entertain them selves a bit!!!

Other times she'll go straight to sleep or she'll chat for 30 mins & want out!!