Thread: Doesn't want to Stop Co Sleeping

Fruitwood Guest

Smile Doesn't want to Stop Co Sleeping

Hi everyone, My daughter is 9 months old and has been co sleeping with me every night for the past 2 months. Prior to this she slept in a cot but when we moved in with my parents they only had a portacot which she refuses to sleep in or even sit in most days. I would like to move her back to the portacot but everytime I put her down in there she starts screaming and will only stop when she's back in my bed. I'm thinking about trying a toddler bed with side rails. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to settle in her cot? I'm not sure if I've posted this in the wrong topic thread or not.

Thanks
    Sharon

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep you definitely have to do a gradual, gentle process for it to work, going cold turkey is hard no matter what you are trying to stop I had some tough times with co-sleeping when I wanted to give it up, but I am so glad my bedroom door is always open. The cuddles I have sometimes I can't imagine missing out on Especially when hubby is in the poo LOL.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kirsty77 Guest

Sharon we found that Gemma moved back into her cot on her own. She stopped sleeping in her cot at 6months when she got gastro and moved back to her cot at 12 months!! She used to get really sh$tty with us in our bed as she was getting to big and didnt' have enough room to move so she found that she had more room in her own bed!LOL! We just moved her back in gradually, shes in our room still in her own cot but we're gonna move her into her room as soon as we move Jasmine out of the bassentte. We're hoping with Jasmine in the room with her she might like it!

Fruitwood Guest

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to move out soon and then I'll be able to buy her a new proper cot. I have a double bed and with my new partner as well as bub it's starting to be a bit of a tight squeeze and not the most comfortable of sleeping arrangements lol.

Another thing you could try is putting your matress on the floor & a cot matress next to it& against a wall, that way you & DP have room & so does bub. But she also still has that closness she needs.