Thread: Family bed co-sleeping product for babies!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Family bed co-sleeping product for babies!

I was in Kmart the other week and saw something I kept meaning to post! One of the major baby item brands has released this cool co-sleeping mini bed thing for babies. Sorry I am so vague and undescriptive, I went late night shopping but it basically sits between the two pillows going downwards (between the couple) and is like a barrier / cot / sleeping thing designed for co-sleeping - can't explain it properly, but baby sleeps in it safely and parents sleep either side without worrying about rolling on baby. I was so excited to see that!!!! It wasn't so big that it would be uncomfortable or you couldn't see baby, very simple, great design. So if you want to co-sleep but are a little nervous, check it out!!!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

That sounds fantastic Kelly!! I tell you if there is a second we will definate get this!

Oh wow Kel..that sounds fantastic!!! Cant wait to check it out.

Jo

What a great idea! I think it would be a comfort for the Dad's who would worry about rolling onto the bub too!

has anyone gotten this yet?? would love to know more about it? The only other co-sleeping aid i have found is around 200 bucks or 250. So this might be something much better and more reasonably priced. If some one has it, could you post a follow up as well as a name?

It wouldn't be expensive I dont think - it didnt look it. I will go back and confirm for you - I don't know if it will be in the US though?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

DH made a little side car bed thingy for our second son. he attached it to the bed frame and we had the mattress sized properly and cut so no danger of bubba rolling into gap. we had a board on the side so he didn't fall out and he used this from when he was newborn to about 3. i just fed him and slid him over to his 'bed'. we got rid of it as zak grew older but we are considering making another one for oscar. hmmmm best get onto that.
    sorry i am not explaining it very well but it only cost us about $40.
    beckles

This one I am talking about goes in the middle of the bed between parents - it looked great and I was really shocked to see a company make something like this - I thought they were all anti-cosleeping!!!
    Kelly xx

Kelly, have you found out what/who makes this or any other details?

Which K-mart did you see it at?

Sorry guys I keep meaning to go back, will go soon! It's at Kmart in Burwood on Burwood Highway. I'll see if I can duck over today maybe...
    Kelly xx

Thanks Kel. I might even go and have a look when Blake wakes up. Although I'm not big on co-sleeping - or haven't been to date - Blake is such a crappy sleeper and he sick at the moment that I've been wondering if he would be better co-sleeping with us. He just LOVES Mummy smell and can't get enough of me when he's trying to sleep. In fact at 3am this morning he wouldn't settle so he and I got in the single bed in his room and slept until 7.50am. It might be the answer to his and my sleeping problems.

Kelly, I will let you know if I get there... BTW Kmart has 15% storewide until tomorrow so it's definitely worth going!

Well after a trip to Kmart and several sms's between Kelly and myself, we worked out what the item is... it's called a SAFE AND SECURE BABY SLEEPER BY THE FIRST YEARS.

You can google or look on ebay and you will find them. The price at Kmart Burwood East was $70 and on ebay they are starting at $45...

I think I better check with DH to see what he thinks - we haven't had that conversation yet, but I like the look of them!

Thanks Kelly for letting me disturb your day, and thank you for all your patience and assistance.

Edited to add... One just went for $68 on ebay.

thanx for the follow up

not sure about outside of the US, but target has them for $40 (at least through the web and can deliver to the store).

I would also recommend looking at the target web site to read some customer reviews. Also, If you are not completly happy with the design, there may be an alternitive (once again not sure on availability outside of US), you can search for the following product and see for yourself: Baby Delight Snuggle Nest

We never got that far, Kate. Was something I was looking at but haven't ended up getting one. It's easier for me to get into the single bed in Blake's room if he's unsettled. He and I sleep really well together (even if I do miss DH)

i just tried to look on ebay but couldnt find any?

Danni....try close and secure sleeper as a search term.....there are two on there at the moment ......or do an advanced search by seller for parents2go. They sell them all the time on ebay.....HTH