Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Moon Issues

Default Full Moon Issues

OK - This sounds really wierd, but we can pretty much guarantee that Jenna is going to have a terrible sleep when its the full moon. Like awful! Waking up from about 10pm onwards every couple of hours.
    She has very dark curtains in her room, and there is not extra light in that part of the house, so I dont know what the hell is going on.
    Normally she will go out like a light from 7:30-1-2am, and then the wakes start, so Shane often sleeps with her from about 3am til 6am.
    We have just moved her into a bed, so she is finally settling down from that, and we get a sleep through maybe 2/3 out of 5-6 nights?

Anyway - does anyone else have problems with the full moon? Any explanations?

Melinda Guest

*insert twilight zone music* LOL

Can't say I've ever heard of that one before or that I've noticed it with Jacob, but as you know, he's not a great sleeper anyway

Blake's not a good enough sleeper either, Fi! But a lot of things are affected by the full moon so I'm not surprised Jenna is too. I believe in it!

well, the female body is 70% water, and the moon does rule the tides.
    I beleive in this 100%, the only thing I was surprised at was that Jenna isn't a water sign.

they've studied animal behaviour at full moon, and its definitely different than at other times in the lunar cycle

Well I'm a bloody cancer - so maybe she's picking it up off me! I've never noticed a problem with my sleep around this time, but anything is possible.
    I soo wished she was born early and was a pisces, but it wasn't to be.
    Kate - she was born about 11pm on 11th April 2005 in Geelong. It would be great if you did her chart! Thanks

mooshie Guest

i reckon there could be a connection fi

i can't say i have noticed issues with a full moon but windy days omg thats another story - kids always seem to be a little bit more full on when the wind blows up

OMG - so funny to come across this thread cause my dd had a shocker of a night last night - so unlike her and i thought what on earth was wrong with her.....maybe it did have to do with the moon. i'll have to remember for next time

muma Guest

cant say ive had that problem but my sisters little boy who is now 3, when its a full moon he just turns into a little naughy boy wont sleep wont eat and just does everything naughty

Hello, Great thread! I'm a terrible full moon sleeper, I wake up and it's like the whole house is just 'full' of light. I go around shutting doors and trying to seal the curtains against the window frames so no cracks of light get in but it's never properly dark. I 'see' energy (auras etc) so I wonder if it's actually lunar energy I'm seeing and not moon light? Perhaps the children who are affected are also energetically sensitive? BTW I am Virgoan (earth sign). Didn't ever notice my DD being disturbed at the full moon, but she's an air sign and always told amazing astral-travel stories (flying places, meeting deceased family members etc) when she was really little.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvella
    OMG - so funny to come across this thread cause my dd had a shocker of a night last night - so unlike her and i thought what on earth was wrong with her.....maybe it did have to do with the moon. i'll have to remember for next time
    Same here! I never even thought of that....she was up from 3am :eek:

I'm a Cancerian too and have always had trouble sleeping on and around the full moon. It's not just hocus pocus... there's scientific evidence to suggest that the chemistry of our brains is altered at this time. All I can suggest is what I do for myself: I use a lot of other sleep-inducing strategies like using lavender oil in a vapouriser, warm hot milk and sleeping with my head at the other end of the bed! I don't know why that last one helps (it drives DH nuts when he discoveres my feet beside his head in the middle of the night) but all I know is it works for me. Good Luck!

Hi
    I definately believe in it ! My son's sleep and behaviour changes at full moon.
    I am interested in the chart too Kate... if you wouldnt mind ?
    Luke was born 19/12/03 at 1.25pm in Adelaide. I think you can see my email address on my profile but if not let me know =)
    Thanks
    Jane
    xx

I remember a few years ago before Mackenzie a friend of ours said whenever there was a full moon her daughter would have a shocking nights sleep. She mentioned it at her kinder and the other mums would agree! So maybe we are onto something!

I seriously can't wait to show Andrew this thread. I can just hear him now LMAO. He is an amateur astronomer so knows his stuff as far as full moons etc go.

Have fun on Saturday night girls with the next full moon.

Love

OMG is it??? (next Saturday night)... I've got 30 kids and parents due for a party here on Saturday... they are going to be feral! I used to live in a pub and noticed that full moon days and nights were always "worse" too.

You DH needs to tell us his thoughts on the matter Kath

I keep forgetting Kate - sorry. I promise to do it cause I'm really interested!!
    Well the bad sleeps have started for us. We have had 3 bad nights, and the moon is almost full.
    Keep in mind that every night last week she slept the entire night, right through without any probs.
    Bloody full moon.....

Kate
    I have sent the details via emai =)
    Thanks so much please dont panic about it I can see you will be very busy soon .. all the best with your birth !!!!
    Jane

Fi,
    It was a full moon last night cause I was out drinking and I saw it and thought how your night was going lol
    How did the cherub go?
    Bec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast