Thread: Help 3 month old waking hourly at night!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Default Help 3 month old waking hourly at night!!

I am having problems with Gemma sleeping at night.She was sleeping through from 7pm till about 6 am and all of a sudden the last 2 nights she sleeps from 7-8.30pm then wakes then from 8.30-11pm then hourly from then on!!I really don't know what the cause is.And she is really hard to resettle and only wants me to cuddle and hold her all night, which of course I'm doing as I take her back to bed with me and Corey but even then shes really quite restless but at least she gets some sleep.

What could be causing this?Could she be teething already?This morning as well she hasn't had her normal naps as she just wants me.

Help...................

Kirsty,
    I found when Eliza was going throu growth spurts she would do this to me.
    Also has anything changed re wrapping or the weather, sometimes the cold tends to make them wake.
    Hope it comes to an end soon, just when things go smoothly they always throw something to keep us on our toes
    Good luck
    Bec

Maybe she is getting excited about Santa But seriously, babies usually have a growth spurt at that age, so maybe she is hungry? have you tried topping her up? :-k My kids went through this stage too, but not until about 6mths and lasted for about a week - 10 days or so. I just gave them a bottle and that seemed to work. She could also be teething. My DS started teething from about that age, ie dribbling, chewing on his hands etc. Mind you he didn't get teeth until he was 10mths old.

I'm sure though, whatever the problem is it will hopefully sort itself out soon. Good luck!

sherieb

Kirsty77 Guest

hehe Sherie about Santa!!

I did give her a bottle at 1am and again at 3.30am and she did go back to sleep.But was still waking up inbetween those times!I'd say it probably is a growth spurt.

She has also been dribbling for about a month and chews her hands constantly thats why I thought it could be teething.I can't get a look at her gums though as she constantly tries to lick and chew my hands!!hehe

Thanks for the quick replies.It makes me feel better when other people say they've been through it and more importantly its normal!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Definitely normal Sounds like someone else needs a copy of the Wonder Weeks!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hey Kelly, Why don't you bring in copies and sell them along with some of your other recommended books?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I actually have thought about that heaps of times, but every book was from a different publisher and I thought it might be costly or a pain... I might look into it again though as I really think it's an awesome book which can save so much stress and heartache for mums and dads
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kirsty77 Guest

That would be so cool if you did as I live in the country with one book store here :shock: and its crappy so I buy everything online and would rather give bellybelly my business than someone else!