Thread: Hope I'm not jinxing us - but .. FINALLY!!

Default Hope I'm not jinxing us - but .. FINALLY!!

For the last 3 nights I've been able to leave Tallon in bed to put himself to sleep! Woot!

I've attempted it on many occasions to get up and leave him but he'd either follow me out (a million times!!) or he'd cry and carry on.

But a few nights ago, I just HAD to leave him to help DH with Kayla, I explained it to him that I had to go and see why Kayla was crying, and that I'd be back to check on him, tell him I love him and that he can just lie there and go to sleep. The first couple of times there were a few tears.. nothing distressing, just kind of whimpery "mumma's" and I'd just go back and give him a kiss and repeat my spiel of loving him etc. Anyway, he went off to sleep! So I tried it again last night.. and it worked! Still called out to me a couple of times, but no tears! And tonight.. he lay there awake for quite a while, so I popped in a few times to give him a kiss.. and whatya know - he went to sleep! OMG!! I never thought this day would come!

We still have a breastfeed and a cuddle, but now I can get up and leave him and not wait around for sometimes an hour! for him to go off to sleep yay!

Maybe I should have posted this in the woohoo's hehehe.

Woohoo - you give this bfing toddler to sleep mum hope!

Oh Liz how fantastic!

Good boy Tallon!!

I'm actually so excited about it LOL. I'll miss our lovely cuddles, but tbh it was starting to drive me crazy that he HAD to have these cuddles iykwim. We still have our lovely conversations and cuddles before bed, just not snuggled up lying on the bed together. He comes into our bed in the morning which is nice.. I can catch up on cuddles then

Morning cuddles are lovely aren't they ...

I bet it is just nice to have a bit more freedom and be not so confined to lying down! I love hearing about mums that let their little ones become independent when THEY are ready for it, rather then just because the parents are pushing them into it. Good on you Liz!

That's fantastic news!!

Liz, that's great. Well done to you both. It sounds like you have been very in tune with your DS to figure out the right time to do this, and you've gone about it in the right way. I'm so pleased for you that you got the result you wanted so quickly.

Well, every night so far - it's worked! woohoo!! OMG it's LOVELY having more time to myself! Unless Kayla wakes of course I usually then have to deal with her unsettled period between 8 and 10 LOL.

I attempted day sleeps yesterday.. first one was ok.. but the second one was a BIG battle. He probably wasn't tired enough for the 2nd sleep (he usually has 1) but he's coming down with a bit of a cold, so I was trying to get him to have extra sleep. He eventually crashed tho.. with me in the rocking chair holding kayla in his room.

Wow Liz, that's great news.