Thread: Let's see if it works...

Default Let's see if it works...

Hi All,
    DH and I started DS on the Brauer's Calm medicine tonight in our on-going efforts to help him sleep better! He took the four doses leading up to bedtime (and it must taste pretty good because after the first taste he took it willingly) and had his usual feed and went to bed quickly and easily. I'll be holding my breath all night I think wondering if it is going to make any difference. I would love to hear from people who have used it and had success. How early can I expect it to make a considerable difference? Should I expect him to sleep better tonight or does it take a few nights to kick in?
    I also think that the night waking MIGHT be due to a food sensitivity or intolerance so both DS and I (since I'm still breastfeeding) will commense an elimination diet as of Monday morning. It is one that Dr Sears recommends and so we shall see if we have any success with that as well.
    Here's hoping for some good night sleep SOON!!

Okay we already have an update to post - and it has me very discouraged already right from the get go!

DS slept a whopping 30 minutes and then woke! DH went in to settle him and he settled him back to sleep in less than 5 minutes (which is normal) but I was REALLY hoping the first sleep of the night would be a long one (and much improved) due to the Brauer's!!

Is there anyone out there who can offer me some hope?????

Hang in there. I haven't used it, but wanted to offer my support. Keep going with it and hopefully you'll see some improvements soon, don't give up just yet.

Another update...

He managed a 45 minute sleep this time

I'm not going to give up since this is the first night we have tried the calm medicine but my gosh it is discouraging to have the sleep be THIS bad!

I'm still hoping there will be some helpful/encouraging responses to this post... thought I would update with his sleep for last night!

8:15pm - 8:45pm
    8:45pm - 9:30pm
    10:00pm - 11:00pm
    11:15pm - 11:30pm
    1:00am - 5:00am (in bed with DH and I)
    6:00am - 7:30am (in bed with DH and I)

I gave him the four initial doses of the Brauers Calm just before bed, then another dose at midnight! I almost think he was MORE restless last night and I'm unsure whether to continue using it tonight. Also, he has his MMR on Tuesday - can you use homeopathic medicine when having injections???

At this point I need all the help I can get!