Thread: Little bit of success!!!

Cool Little bit of success!!!

Just thought I would share my little success. DS is fed to sleep at night after reading books with DH. He knows his little routine and visibly calms down and looks pleased when he is put into his night nappy and sleeping bag and enjoys his books. I then come in and feed him to sleep. That bit had been taking a bit longer lately and so I had been leaving him for bouts between feeds so he could play quietly with his cuddle toy and I would come back and then finally he would fall asleep on the boob. Well tonight I left him playing and walked back in to see him asleep!!! All by himself!!!

I know it may not happen tomorrow night but at least I know that it can happen! I was worried about what might happen when feeding to sleep doesn't work anymore but I am pleased to see he was comfortable in the room by himself in the dark and then able to fall asleep without crying! I really think our gentle parenting is working!

Woohoo! Hope it works for you tonight

Cool! DS was nearly 2 before we could leave him happily like that!
    How do you manage books for bedtime at this age? DS could never sit through books that young - what kind of books do you read him?

Aww, that's fantastic! Great to hear its working out for you... good luck tonight

Marcellus - DS loves books! We started him on books at around 4 months when I thought it was time for a night time routine. He actually watches the book the whole time and gets excited on certain pages that he particularly likes and has right from the start. He sometimes loses it and grabs DH's nose or shakes his cuddle toy but goes straight back to looking at the pages. It is incredible to watch. His four books that he gets read every night (depending on his level of attention) are 'Where is the Green Sheep?' 'The Colour Kittens' (a Little Golden Book from my childhood), 'Hippo Has a Hat' and 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar.' DH always uses the Very Hungry Caterpillar last to say goodnight as he gets the butterfly to kiss everyone (his cuddle toys, DS and DH) goodnight!!

I don't know if it made a difference but DH used to read DS poetry in the womb. So it may be because he is used to hearing DH's voice in a rhythmic way but he certainly does watch every page and recognises the things he likes on some pages.

Cool. DS has always loved books, but he just didn't have the attention span back then. That's great that he'll sit through them like that - and 4!!! DS must have been over 12 months before he could have handled that sort of work load. You must have a clever little man there
    poetry huh.... don't think that's going to happen with my DH though.

That's GREAT! Celebrate the good moments - they are worth every cheer!

Fantastic PoppyFairy!! Sounds like you're doing a great job & DS is a very contented little man xox

Was just talking to my DH about reading my little one stories before bed and how she is watching the pages now and relaxing down. Today we also had 'where is the green sheep', along with '10 little fingers and 10 little toes'. DH and i are both big readers so it is so lovely to see miss daisy enjoying books too.

Thats so great to hear hun, sometime i get so disheartened that DD will never get there but you have given me abit of hope.
    your doing a fantastic job hun xx