Thread: Little Houdini

Default Little Houdini

Hello!
    My gorgeous 4 month old son has been a wonderful sleeper and almost never wakes up crying or upset. (I guess we have been spoilt)
    BUT.... he needs his wrap to keep his hands away from his face in order to fall asleep and he is impossible to keep wrapped now for more than 20 seconds.
    Has anyone got any suggestions for keeping him wrapped or at least stopping him from taking out his dummie or scratching his face?
    (We stopped using mittens once he figured out how to take them off.)
    He seems to really want to sleep but is his own worst enemy. I think exhaustion finally gets him by the end of the day.
    I hate "fighting" him to stay wrapped but at the same time his little eyes are hanging out of his head with fatigue.
    Any ideas would be really lovely.
    Cheers

Last edited by dragonfly; February 25th, 2007 at 05:00 PM.

When Yasin was like this we started wrapping him by folding a triangle down at the top (so the wrap was like a kite/diamond shape with a flat top edge) and then sticking his hands into the fold and wrapping him. Because it's a bit longer in the kite shape the wrap is firmer and harder to wiggle out of.

Thanks, will give that a go.
    So far I've only tried folding the wrap down along the top in it's square position.
    (He's figured out that if he arches his back the wrap comes loose). I think I'm dealing with a higher form of intelligence here....LOL!

My boy could get out of any single wrap in any single configeration. We bought the ones with velcro, he as out of them in 1 min (as opposed to 20 sec with the normal)

We got a great one from ebay in the US - The amazing miracle blanket (thats the name!)... It kept him wrapped for about 8 months until we stop using it (we did take it off occasionally )and our boy was one of those who could only sleep wrapped and loved it, but was too strong for his own good

It was expensive (i think around $50 with postage), but i would honestly say it was the best thing we ever got, baby wise... i could have managed without everything else, but this was critical!

My only regret is not getting 2 (they offered me a discount if i got them at the same time), because when it was being washed we went back to the same problem...

They are cotton and breathe really well which is good

HTH!
    Last edited by Yael; February 25th, 2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wouldn't it be nice if I could spell ??