Thread: Moving house, sleeping in new room.

Default Moving house, sleeping in new room.

Typical! Couple of weeks before moving out, Tallon has settled into GREAT sleeping habits! As in.. for the last few days he has put himself to sleep with the dummy for day sleeps and STAYS asleep! woohoo!! (great for us packing btw! LOL)

Some of you may know.. we're moving up to mum's for a bit while we're between houses. Just wanted to know just how much a different room/house etc can unsettle bubs? Should I take his cot up? we were considering just using the portacot for a while (but he hasn't ever really slept in it) because all our stuff is going into storage.

Also.. his cot will be in our room, which it's never been before.. and I'm worried DH's snoring or whatever is going to wake him through the night.

Any suggestions? Should I endeavour to try and keep things the same as they are here?

Thanks!

Hi! We are moving to inlaws next week!! I am definitely using the cot (not sure how long we'll be there). I find portacot only useful for the odd sleep. I would think changing rooms will be much less of a prob with Tallon's normal cot. Its' not quite the same in a portacot. I will also be putting on same music for coco that I play at home! Good luck with the move xoxo

yes exactly!!!!

Use Tallon's own cot. If Tallon goes to bed before your dh, maybe he wont notice the snoring! lol Maybe record dh's snoring and play it a day sleeps so it wont be so different?

best of luck!

We moved in to our new house in nov this year. DS was just turned 3.
    DS was ok after the first day or two. He was really excited about the new house etc, so the first night we had to go to the toilet 7 times in a row before bed, things like that but he settled in really quickly.

We also lived with relatives for 7 weeks between houses and he was fine with that also, better even if thats possible! lol

hmm.. not sure if you noticed.. this thread is 2 years old! hehehe.

Thank you tho!

It's funny, I sooo don't remember this 'good sleeping habit' that he had. Obviously didn't last very long, coz he was still feeding to sleep well into my next pregnancy and only started sleeping through at about 2 1/2 yrs old. And I don't recall him using a dummy?? Must've been a once off attempt at using it.. coz he refused a dummy as a young baby, so I didn't bother using them.

Funny how you forget things you've tried.

lol! hehe no i didnt notice Liz - must be placenta brain