Thread: Needing another option other than our bed...

Default Needing another option other than our bed...

Hi,

Our bubba has just stopped using his hammock for his initial night sleeps (8.5mths). He now sleeps in our bed from go-to-whoa at night (previously came into our bed when we went to bed). That means I now have no sleeping option for when we go away/out to someone's house or if DH and I want a "bit of space" (IYKWIM) before we sleep .

I lie down next to him and feed him to sleep at night (and during the day), and therefore don't consider that a port-a-cot would suit us. I'd really like to just get a thin mattress that we could roll up (like a baby swag!) and take that to people's houses. That way I could still feed him to sleep without worrying about him rolling off a strange bed. I could also use that on the floor of our bedroom if necessary.

I tried using a lambskin once, but is that safe? Has anyone got any ideas? Do they make baby swags???

My DD and i visit my mother in the country. Since she was about 6 months I have slept her on one of those kids fold out sofa thingies. Hers is a Pooh Bear one (just so you know what I'm talking about). I lay on the floor next to it til she goes to sleep and she is generally fine. It might work for your bubba??

Hi Jmmum,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll still try to look for something a little more portable, but it's an idea!

Smile

I was also thinking flip sofa, what about your pram? Or I think you can buy a ready bed? I've never had one but friends have they're a roll up mattress for the floor I think.
    Hope this helps,
    Snoopea

Melody - google 'kindercot' might be more what you're after??

Yeh! We just borrowed a friends Kindercot and it was awesome. It is very collapseable and even though DS was in it, I could half lie in it with him (it's a little tent) and he didn't know the difference. The only downside to it was that he was SO excited by it, he kept squealing and jiggling everywhere

Hi Rahjah,
    What did you use for bedding? I'm imagining the inflatable mattress would be a bit cold and slippery... and you could lie down too? I feed DS to sleep lying down so I'm looking for something that would still enable me to do that.