Thread: Now waking for 4am feed

Default Now waking for 4am feed

Hi guys

If i could get some advice regarding Hendrix's constant waking at 4am it would be greatly appreciated.

We have been away at MIL in byron for the past 2.5 weeks and he did really well adjusting to the new place. It was extremely hot up there and he was waking some nights a couple of times but mainly at 4am for a BF which i would certainly give him and he would drain both breasts. Since we have been home (only since monday) he is still waking at 4am. I gave him water instead on monday night which he took ok and went back to sleep. On tuesday night i tried the water again and he just screamed so i gave him the boob which he drank and went back to sleep. Last night he woke almost every hour as he kept rolling onto his front and would get stuck so when four came around i gave him the BB as i thought he would sleep better with a full belly.

I suppose my question is that if i keep feeding him at 4am am i creating a habit?? Should i be trying other soothing settling techniques such as rocking him to sleep?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Heather

Gemma also went through stages like that.She would be waking every night for 3 days or so and want a bottle.I figured she just needed it so I gave it to her.There was a couple of night in a row too where she woke hourly and I just rocked her back to sleep or brought her into our bed and she fell straight back to sleep.It maybe a comfort thing or he may just need it especially if its been hot.

Melinda Guest

If you think he is hungry, then yep, offer him the boob. It sounds like he had really needed it if he drained both breasts! He could be going through a bit of a growth spurt and needing that bit extra. How is Hendrix going with solids? How much does he have?

If he's waking up from rolling onto his tummy etc - I can relate! Jacob used to do this at the same age also.