Thread: OMG - she went to sleep by herself

Default OMG - she went to sleep by herself

I can't believe it. Maggie actually put herself to sleep! She had a short nap just before lunch, so I thought she would need another this arvo, but she fought anything that looked like an attempt to put her sleep. She indicated that she wanted into the highchair, so I popped her in with some snacks and a drink in front of Hi-5. She ate whilst I made some important phones calls and when I checked on her she was asleep!!

I had been getting so disheartened lately, as she will go to sleep for DH (if I am not around) and at childcare without too much fuss, but she fights me, or just want to sleep on the boob. I don't expect it to happen again, but it is nice for a change.

Great news Astrid!

I've been following the battles you've had.

Chalk one up for you and Maggie!

woo hoo Astrid what a good little girl. I hope she does it again and again and again....

How;s things been in the last couple of days, Astrid?

Not great, but not really bad either. The moment I start to think to much about her sleep is goes really bad, but if I don't think about what I am doing (like with the high chair) it goes well. At least now most of her naps are for anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2, which is a really nice change.

Hope it keeps working out for you, Astrid. And as you said, try not to think about it!