Thread: One day sleep for an 8month old??

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default One day sleep for an 8month old??

Ive wasnt sure if id post ANOTHER sleep question but after reading some of the other posts here i wanted to ask my question even more.

DD has typically been having two day sleeps. She would get up from the night at about 5.30/6am and would go back down for an hour or so at about 8.30am then have another sleep from 12.30pm till about 2/2.30pm then down for the night at 6.30pm with one wake up!!
    We had a few really busy days just before easter and got totally out of the pattern, and now i cant seem to get back into two day sleeps!! She is waking up later about 6.30am(7am this morning!) (which is lovely!) but then she isnt tired till later,so she is going back down about 10/10.30am till 12.30/1pm .
    I have tired putting her to bed earlier in the morning to get two snoozes in but she wont go till about 10am!! (i tried Arimehs 15 min rule! ) she just laughs at me!! And then in the afternoon she isnt tired till about 4pm and if i let her sleep then she wont sleep at night very well! She makes it till 5.50pm and then we bath and she is asleep by 6.15pm.
    What im worried about is, is one day sleep enough for an 8 month old! ok, so it is three hours most the time, but every other bub her age seems to be having two or three!
    She i try to break the routine she is in now and get her back to two sleeps? would that meen waking her up in the morning? (i dont really want to do that) .
    SHe has been a little grumpy lately but im pretty sure that its her teeth and not the sleeping as its not every day.
    uummmmm....confused!!

I think DS was having one day sleep by 14 months - so yeah, 6 months difference. But Miss M is pretty much fine if she misses her afternoon nap (although I like her to have it) but if she HAS the afternoon sleep, then she won't go to bed until about 9.15pm!!!! If she doesn't have it, then she'll fall asleep on her 6.00 bottle.

So even though she sorta is in a routine, she sorta isn't cos some days she will only have the one sleep.

I say if it works for you - then its the right thing to do!

hmm I don't know. Is she cranky?

Ash gets up at 6am and goes back down at 8.30 till 10am. Then has another sleep from 12 till 2 then another from 5 till 6 then he goes down for bed at 8.30pm. He either wakes once for a feed at 3am or sleeps through.

Hi Beckoes,

My DS gets up arounf 7.30/8am then doesn't go down again untill ihis 12.30 bottle and sleeps till 3.30/4ish and then at night goes down with his 8.30pm bottle untill the morning. He is 9m and has been doing this for quite a few months already and I reckon it works great. I get a huge break in the afternoon to catch up on work or housy stuff or even have some me time which is great. Not sure exactly how we got into that routine, but he's happy and so am I.
    go with that works for you and your bubba .

oh Jules that sounds perfect. Wonder if I can get Ash to have a huge sleep like that

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

thanks for the replies ladies, good to know that others have 'similar' sleep patterns. she slept from 10.30 till 1.30 this arvo and was fine going till 6pm, didnt even really seem tired came bed time! so it must be working for her. our bed time seems alot earlier than others but wer happy with it for now!