Thread: Please HELP!!!

Default Please HELP!!!

Any suggestions are most welcome:

DS has been sleeping really well at night for the last few weeks, but last 2 nights he has woken up and won't resettle. He isn't crying in pain just an annoying attention seeking cry. I have tried leaving him, just going in every time he gets upset and patting him then walking out, and repeating that, it used to work a treat. But the last 2 nights he has woken up and gets really upset unless i am with him. My back can't handle leaning over the cot patting him all night, and i definately don't believe in cc or anything like that, so i took him into the spare room (matress on the floor) and we slept together there, although last night he was awake for 2.5 hours (happy to stay in the bed though) before he finally went back to sleep, then up at the crack of dawn.

He is definately not in any pain, not hungry, i think it might be part of the whole 9month seperation anxiety thing.

DH is dead against co-sleeping, (he is a social smoker, so its not really safe for us). I have thought about trying him out with his cot in our room this weekend, if that doesn't work maybe his cot as a side-car, but our bed is really high and his cot is not so don't know how thats gonna work out.

Sorry for such a long post but i am feeling a bit desperate...

HI Widdly,

Tayneesha went through this as well, i did do cc and it worked for me a treat. It was very hard though i must say. She was trying it on with me thats for sure, seeing how far she could get etc etc. This is normal aparently.

Maybe it is teeth if he use to sleep really well and now he is sort of doing like a whingy cry it sounds like teeth and it has woken him in his sleep. You could try nurofen for infants before he goes to bed and see if that works?

He may also just want comforting with mummy, maybe rock him next to his cot in a rocking chair and when he is sleepy with eyes closing put him in the cot and stroke his forehead till he goes to sleep.

i hope that helps.

jen

I am sorry I have no suggestions, Alexa has been doing the same thing & it is driving me nuts...

I can understand how you feel though......

jen - you could be right about the teeth, i don't think so though, thankyou very much for your suggestions!

mitch - wht have you been doing with Alexa when she wakes up during the night??

Elissa.... Just what ever works.... Last night I rocked, walked with, pushed in pram, changed nappy, gave her a bottle, gave her pamol, rubbed her head , back , arms... tried putting her in bed with me... tried letting her cry herself to sleep (whle I had a cry myself!!!)... yeah right like that worked LOL...

Normally she is not that bad & I can ger away with a change, bottle & head rubbing (maybe half an hour or more)...

But I did get a message form my friend who looks after her while I am at work & her top left tooth has finally broken through & the other one is not far away... so I think that was a majority of her screaming fit last night.....

Sorry I really have no miracle answer, but if you find one let me know LOL

thanks mitch, sorry ur having [email protected] nights too, i cried myself to slep last week when Archie's reflux was really bad, too, its not nice to see them upset or in pain is it.

Hopefully now that Alexa's tooth has popped through she will go back to normal again, hopefully Archie is getting another tooth too...i get the feeling the problem won't be quite so simple though...never is with him he he