Thread: Question for co-sleepers

Default Question for co-sleepers

Hi,
    This may be a silly question the last few nights we have co-slept with DD and have woken up with a sore neck. What position do you put your child I ended up with my arm around her and taking up about 3\4 of the bed.
    Not sure how long DH will be happy with a tiny portion of bed.
    Thanks
    Bec

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep same - we have an extra pillow when they are older but while young, I seperate the pillows more, so my pillow is right to the edge and as is hubby's - so there is a big space for baby in the middle. I make sure baby is level with our heads, and I never found them to creep down in the bed, unless they had somehow gravitated downwards for a breastfeed ROFL
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I'm absolutely no help Bec re co-sleeping, but I have to say I PMSL with Shannon's post. Thanks for the giggle, Shannon!

I am actually sore this morning, not sure what happened. Anyway Maggie sleeps in the middle. DH and I keep our pillows to ourselves, but there is an old pillow tucked between the mattress and bedhead. This is to stop an limbs getting trapped and is a bit of head protection as she tends to head butt the bedhead. I tend to have my back to her, I find we both sleep better that way. When DH is home he is on the other side, but when he is not I use his pillow and a rolled doona as a barrier. She tends to sleep around head level.

Shannon - Maggie sleeps in a similar way! One night she chose to become DH's pillow and there has been many a night where I have found her kneeling next to DH hitting him in the head. Oh she is also fond of fingers up noses and in mouths

Same as Kelly, we pull our pillows apart & Kynan sleeps up the top. He is a boob seeker though, just likes to be near them I think, and gradually inches his way over so that he's next to the boobies and I'm balanced on the edge of the bed LOL.

Thanks girls,
    I did too have chuckle at Jessalyns bed antics reminds me off a little girl here. As for the booby drifting...she would be sadly disappointed Going to try the pillow tonight hopefully the neck will improve then
    Bec

Oh Bec I can sympathise...
    Yesterday morning I woke up with a neck ache because Aidyn came into our bed and stole my pillow during the night!
    And the pain got worse and worse yesterday, it was shocking!

I usually sleep with 2 pillows, and when Aidyn comes to bed I give him one of mine (sandwiched between mine and DPs pillows) however during the night he will creep closer and closer to me until he is on my pillow, trying to take over my whole side of the bed! Either that or he sleeps down at our feet, but then I am too worried about DP accidently kicking him, to get any proper sleep...

gradually inches his way over so that he's next to the boobies and I'm balanced on the edge of the bed LOL.
    Thats part of the reason why I turn my back to her, it stops the boobie hunt unless she is really hungry. Most nights though she ends up with her head in DH's armpit and her bum in my face

We do the moving the pillows apart thing to and Imran sleeps on a bassinet blanket because he chucks alot and it saves the sheets.

Ellibam Guest

how halarious!!

these are all the things makon does!!! if im on my back he will sit up and latch on to a booby its soo funny!!(ABA would never approve! hehehehe)
    i generally get sore cos im the wiggle pot and have to stay in one spot