Thread: A question for side-car users

Default A question for side-car users

My DD currently side cars with us, and nights have been working really well until last week.

I feed her to sleep, and she usually wakes 3 times for a feed in a 12 hr period (yes she sleeps well at night because she DOESN'T sleep all day).

Anyway, she is getting more and more clued into the fact that I am putting her in her own space...so that I am now feeding her sitting up so the transfer is easier. But last night though she would have none of it and ended up bed sharing with us.

Now I am not anti-bedsharing, its just I CANNOT sleep properly with her in bed with us. I can't relax, and usually spend the whole night with one eye open.

So my question is...how do you manage to get bub back into the side car after night feeds...???

I usually feed laying down so I put her back in her bed once I realise she's finished, I just put her back once asleep, cover her wiht her sheet and blanket and if she stirs a little I put my hand on her, or give her a little pat, just a little reassurance that I haven't gone anywhere. I also curl up near her for a bit (as near as I can get lol without climbing into the cot space).

Does she have a sleeping bag or anything? Sometimes I find Jazz wakes if the sheets are too cold lol and i think a sleeping bag helps, because she's not going from my nice warm bed/arms to cold sheets!

Oh...that's true. The sheets are cold at the moment. Ok I will invest in a sleeping bag.

Hehehe...I have been known to lie almost IN the co-sleep cot, just so I can poke a boob in her mouth when she stirs. lol

Thanks for the reply.