Thread: Sleep at 16Months

Default Sleep at 16Months

OK girls here is my dilema.

Kaitlyn slept like an angel while on holidays ..through the night ..napped well...in fact slept the best she ever has! As we went away on holidays I rocked her basically to sleep everytime I put her down , given this did take up to 1/2hour sometimes I loved it !.

Now I am back at work this week and she is having to go back to daycare ( who will rock her to sleep if I ask them ) . But as she is a toddler not a baby I am trying to get her to go to sleep on her own again , which she has done in the past.

So my question is ...should I be trying to get her to put herself to sleep?. It is very hard on my back as she is over 12kgs ( tall girl !!). I am torn between she is my little baby and needs comfort of mummy and she is a toddler. I keep thinking of super nanny and Kaitlyn at 4years old needing to be rocked to sleep hehe.

What are you opinions or suggestions?.

Could you lay down to sleep with her instead maybe?? I generally still feed Sammy to sleep but sometimes Darren will lie down with him and pat his back and he will be settle down to sleep. Just thinking if you lay down with her you might be able to do it gradually...walking out of the room and then get further and further away as she is settling.

Jo

If you would prefer that she puts herself to sleep now then you could try and do it gradually. Rock her until she's just asleep then put her down, then a few days later hold her until she's very drowsy and then put her down etc.

Thanks girls ...I think I will try standing with her with my hand on her side as she loves that ..then maybe try without my hand there but still be in the room and then maybe try and put her down awake ..slowly...hard as lots of people say let her cry :-(. I dont mind a little cry but I hate to leave her upset.