Thread: sleep question

maggie Guest

Default sleep question

Hi, DS (almost 8mnths ) has changed his sleeping patterns again :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

He was sleeping from 7pm to 6-6.30am, which wsa great.. we were giving him dinner at about 5.20pm and the last bottle about 6.40 after his bath.. some days he would have a 3rd nap, appr 4.30pm- 5.20pm, then we would start his dinner etc.. the last 3 nights it has been harder to get him down for the 3rd nap, so by the time he goes to sleep , he sleeps from about 5-6pm, we then give him dinner, at about 6.10pm, bath, and then attempt to give hima bottle at 7pm, but he is not hungry as he only had tea less then an hr ago, by 7.30 he may have had about 120mls (like half he ws having) and then he goes to bed, now he wakes up like 4.30am, and is hungry, last night i fed him, and he took 240mls, the onyl thing is, he then wont go to sleep, just talks til we get up at 7am, but we dont go back to sleep either.. :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: he is teething we know that, but i dont think this is waking him up.. i know i shouldnt be feeding him, but last night i did, as i knew he would be hungry.

Also his morn sleep and arvo sleep are about 1 half hrs each, so they are ok...

Should i drop this last sleep, i think it is putting his dinner(food) & milk to close together... he has been on 3 solids now for about 3weeks. and is loving his food.

The all night sleeps were great, and i really think this catnap is effecting night sleeps

Any suggestions

I would say your best bet is to drop the third sleep!

DS is 14 months old and only just settling in to a sleep routine that I like! Since 6 months he has been waking every 1.5-3 hours all night long. Now, just in the last couple of months he has started sleeping much better. His first block of sleep for the night now ranges from 3.5 - 6 hours and that is MUCH nicer!

Hang in there and experiment a bit until you find what works!

Rewy Guest

Have you tried to not feed hims straight away? My thought to help him stretch it out is to get him when he wakes, but not to feed him for 15 mins... Then 30mins the following week. If he isn't going back to sleep anyway maybe this would help.

Otherwise he may get used to 'needing' this feed...

julesr Guest

I'd cut out the 3rd sleep and bring teatime forward to 5pm so that he is not so tired that he doesn't feed properly and then he might take a larger feed of milk before bed again. He might now be having "too much" sleep during the day which is resulting in him sleeping less at night. My DS is 7.5 months and I'm following a routine which sounds fairly similar to yours!