Thread: Still asleep....

Default Still asleep....

I know this isn't the usual type of question, but I'm concerned for my DD. Her usual routine consisted of two 1 1/2 sleeps but this morning she has been down for over 3 hours!!!!

Over the last couple of days, her day sleeps (usually only 1 of them) have been getting longer, usually about 2- 2 1/2 hours, but I'm getting worried.

Is she sleeping too much? She had been sick over the last couple of weeks with a really bad cold, but her sleeps didn't suffer too much, so not sure whats going on.

Would really appreciate any comments. Do I wake her???

Hi darl,

I wouldn't be too concerned about the time your DD is sleeping, you said she has been sick so she is probably still getting over that...and this weather is very sleepy weather too.

I personally wouldnt wake her, she obviously needs this sleep and she will wake up when she is ready. Dont stress she will be fine.x

She may be cutting back to just 1 big sleep a day.

It is totally normal for them to sleep around 3 hours if they are only having one sleep...I wouldn't worry about it hun.

I agree with you all. My DD does this every now and then. Since she was about 9 months old she started to have at least one long nap, the longest ever was 4+hrs!!! though it was probably due to a change in her sleep routines when we went back to see my family in Japan...