Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still fights sleep

Melinda Guest

Aww, poor little tiger. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Where abouts in Tassie will you live Astrid? I'm in Hobart.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

That would happen to me sometimes (perhaps often lol), when I was ready to throw them out the window, I would find out they were sick or something was going on, then I would have a major attack of the guilts LOL.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Well she went down better tonight, took just under an hour from start to being able to leave the room, I try to not leave to quickly. I think a very early start 6.00, a trip to the doctors,mini nap, home, nap, trip to the supermarket, dinner, bath and Dimetap helped. She still ran off about 5 times and got a bit upset, but at least she wasn't very upset.

Glad I went to the Dr, otherwise I would be even more frustrated and cranky by now.

Melinda - we will be moving to Launceston to be near friends and family. Would like to be somewhere down the Tamar river, or out Lilydale way, but it kind defeats the purpose of moving closer to everyone. Same reason why we are not going to Hobart, even though we did consider that option years ago.

Hi Guys! I was reading your thread looking desperately for the same answers you are! I have two children; Benji has just gone 3 and was a dream compared to Chloe who is about to be 2 and just won't give in to sleep! Everything is a game! SO frustrating. What also caught my eye was the mention of Tassie. I am in Tassie, and last year moved to Huonville (Hobart) from Cressy and Longford. Anyway, I was just hoping to make contact with you guys....maybe we can share some frustrations! I am also at the point of surrendering!

Welcome bec_107 - hope you find the help you are looking for here.

Have started to read the NCSS for Toddlers, it is an interesting read so far. Not sure if I can implement all of it, but I have taken some of it on board already. Kind of figured there was something not quite right about my night time rituals. I think I was rushing them too much, so now I am taking my time and not getting frustrated by having to do lots of reading, I thought it would be a 5 minute thing, but it is meant to be more like 15.

So stepping back and trying to enjoy the process more seemed to help tonight and just 1 dose of calm, mostly to help with the teething. DH nearly ruined it though, for some reason kitchen noise really travels and he decided 3/4 of the way through settling to heat some soup and use the whisk for ages. I had to stop her from running off very quickly. If she had not settled, I know where that whisk would be right now!

bec_107, welcome! Make sure you drop by the Tassie thread in the Local Member Discussion too

Good luck, Astrid. LOL @ the whisk... that's not an experience your DH would have forgotten quickly if Maggie hadn't settled!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12