Thread: Waking every hour on hour & Day sleeps QST?

Unhappy Waking every hour on hour & Day sleeps QST?

NIGHT SLEEPS -
    My little Charlie is waking every hour on the hour during the night - he has only been doing it for the last 2 weeks - but it is killing me!!!
    I put him to bed at about 8.30 every night and he sleeps great until about 12om and then he turns into a warewolf!!! he is waking every hour sometimes twice in the hour - i get up put his dummy back in and then hop back in bed. I don't know how to stop him from doing it. Any one have ANY IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!

DAYTIME SLEEPS -Charlie is a cat napper during the day and he will stay awake for about 1 1/2 hours and then he will have a nap for about half an hour - of late he has been waking up really tired rubbing his eyes. I put him in his bed at 10.30 and 2 every day just coz i thought it would get him into the habbit. Is there any way i can change a catnap baby into a good sleeper during the day.

ON A GOOD NOTE -I was rocking charlie to sleep all the time and i have gotten him into a habit of when he goes to bed i can now close the blinds put his mobile on and walk away and he will put himself to sleep! YEAH

Fee Guest

Do you wrap?

I've been having trouble with Cooper and his day time sleeps. He only sleeps for an hour at a time. I've tried wrapping again (really tight so he doesn't get his arms out) and I've also tried shutting his blinds. I've only done this twice now but he's sleeping well over 2 hours!

I'm still in the trial period ... but it seems to be working!

My DD wakes pretty often overnight (at the moment it's about every 2 hours but was every hour for a while at about Charlie's age). I am not prepared to try CC and routines etc. don't seem to work for me, and co-sleeping is the only thing letting me have a half-decent night's sleep! I don't use a dummy and I'm BF though. Are you able to put his bed closer to yours so you don't need to wake yourself up as much when he wakes?

Jacci I have only just gotten away from the every hour wake ups in the last 3 weeks. I totally understand how frustrating it is.

What we are doing now is the following - when all of these things were implemented together he started sleeping through for the first time ever:
    * after dinner a bath / shower
    * half an hour nudie play
    * pyjamas on & a cuddle with daddy while I make his bottle
    * 1ml of Brauers Calm
    * bed sprayed with Sleepy Spray
    * bottle in his very dimly lit bedroom (dimmer turned right down)
    * clock radio turned on almost inaudible
    * light on clock radio turned on & bedroom light turned off

Brauers Calm is a homeopathic tonic that's supposed to help kids get to sleep. I checked with my Dr last week & he said it's fine for Zander to be on it as long as I want to keep him on it. There's nothing addictive in it so he won't be reliant on it & also it's not a drug. What the Dr said was tht it will help him calm down for sleep & with that he will get into sleeping all night & then it will just be habit. We use only 1ml, where the bottle says have 1ml every half an hour for 4 doses, but he's been fine with that. I've just checked the bottle & it says from 6 months + so maybe leave it for a few more weeks.

The Sleepy Spray is by the Healing Hippo brand. It's a blend of essential oils that are said to be relaxing. I checked with Cherie before buying it in case it was a gimmick & she said that they're all good calming oils in it. I just do a few sprays above his bed so the sheets / blanket / pillow all get some on them. It smells really yummy!! There's no age on it, so maybe check with them if you want to try it.
    Last edited by {sarah}; October 3rd, 2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Had to add something

Sarah - I-d like to try that Hippo Spray - were do i buy it from.

Fee - he used to like being wrapped when he was about 2 - 3 months now he will scream if i wrap him - I put him in a grow bag and he sleeps with his armsin the air

Fenella - I tried putting him in the room with me but it woke me up all the time every little noise he makes - so i put him back in his room.

Jacci,

Maybe his teeth are playing up! I am not too sure but he may be getting his teeth and they are moving or one may be breakig through and making him like this? Just a suggestion.

You poor thing you must be so tired. I agree with Sarah's routine, i am lucky though and have had an easier time with my DD than others so i can't really tell you exactly what it would be from but i hope my suggestion does help.

If it is teething he will be clingy, off his bottle/solids, may have a slight rash on cheeks or red cheeks, just difficult in general and doesn't know what he wants!

Good luck and i hope it gets better i am sure it will.

Jen

Hi
    Oh i really feel for you.... i had that problem for a very long time .. we tried so many things and in the end I was so excausted I could barely function.
    I do believe after coming out of the other end at about 18mths that they are creatures of habit and the habit of waking up has to be broken ! I found it very hard to do CC so tried lots of different things.. and it seemed that as soon as we got some progress he would get sick and we were back to square 1.
    People used to say to me "it will get better" and i felt like screaming at them !
    Hang in there... its a tough gig having a baby that does not sleep. I found that once i got the day sleeps a bit better sorted I was a little more able (less tired) to work on the night ones.
    Probably not much help but you are not alone.. I ended up going to Torrens House in Adelaide to get some help not sure if you have anything like that where you live ?
    Jane
    xx

Christy got it from her local chemist but I can't find it round here. I'll PM you the link...