Thread: What does your 1yr old sleep in/on?

Default What does your 1yr old sleep in/on?

My bub is a terrible night sleeper. From 8wks to 8months he slept in his own cot in his own bedroom. Then I had to convert to him sleeping in our bed at 10months to get some sleep. Then I converted him 2 the cot up against our bed.

Mostly he wakes twice a night now. But he constantly slams himself against the sides of the cot. Often if I put him on our bed he falls to sleep.

I was considering a big mattress on the floor in his room.

What does your 1 yr old sleep in/on??

My ds sleeps either in our bed or in his bed in his room. He has a car bed, which has sides and is close to the ground. He wouldn't sleep in the cot if we paid him.

Our DS is 15 months, and slept terribly in his cot from around 11 months. Same problem, he'd roll into the bars and freak out. We had a spare futon mattress (double), so we've put that on the floor of his room (it's about 15cm high), with foam tiles around it in case he rolls off, as we have tiled floors.

From the very first night his sleep improved out of sight - he went from waking 3-4 times a night to sleeping through (around 8 hours) most nights and waking once occasionally.

During the day he runs into his room and jumps on the bed, then rolls over with a huge grin, so I think it definitely has the seal of approval. I love it too, because when he wakes he comes into our room and climbs up into bed with us, and I take him back to his bed and lie down with him to feed him. I was curious as to whether he'd wander into the lounge-room to play, but he doesn't.

Dd slept in a cot still at 1 year, BUT once I let her sleep in her "big" bed her sleep improved dramaticly yay!! Try the big bed... just make sure that you place a mattress on the floor so that if he falls off, he does not get hurt. Dd fell out of bed three times and that was it. She still needs the mattress to climb onto the bed (she pulls it out from under the bed herself) but she can get off now without hurting her and I too love that she comes into our room at night to get into bed for cuddles ...

DS sleeps in his cot in an all in one. Goes down around 7 pm with a bottle. Sleeps to 1 or 2 and has another bottle (100ml) and then sleeps till about 5 ish. Sometimes he resettles but if not I give him his morning bottle and he sleeps till 7 or so. He has always been a big night feeder.

DS was going down in my bed, then I'd put him in his bed til his first feed, then in my bed again. He was waking 3 - 4 times a night.

About a month ago I started settling/feeding him, then putting him straight in his bed while still half awake. He started sleeping til 5am by himself. This morning it was 6.

He sleeps in his cot, with no blankets most of the time. He refuses to sleep with a blanket on. FUN!
    When he's sick I don't bother with the cot at all.

Have you tried putting a bumper around the cot? It could help. I've had DS sleep on his fold out couch when we are away from home. I've got one with a zip on blanket so he can't wriggle off.