Thread: When should a baby have a pillow???

jay-b Guest

Default When should a baby have a pillow???

My daughter is one on the 28th April and sometime i let her have a flat pillow at nap times (never at bedtime, or through the night).

When can i give or a pillow to sleep with at night time??

She alway seems to sleep longer with a pillow as she almost always co-sleeps with us.

Also, she always wakes up between 12am & 3am, and won't go back to sleep in her own cot, and will only go to sleep in bed with us, HELP!! [-o< :sleeping:

I believe pillows are usually considered okay from about one year, so you should be fine to give her one now.

Yeah they say 1 yr like fenella said, but I just gave my DD a pillow when she went from cot to bed at 18nths, and I'll do the same for DS as well.

Mine never had one till they were 2 and went into a big bed. Actually Lachlan who is 2 and is in a big bed still doesn't have one atm. Kameron still uses a "junior" pillow

Love

Melinda Guest

Jacob got his at around 13 - 14 months of age.

Aidyn has a 'mini' pillow... like a little decorative one, its about 25x15cm. We will probably get him a proper junior pillow when he moves into a big bed.

My dd didn't have a pillow until she went into a big bed at about 3 years old

Zander has had a pilow for about 3months & he is 13months old now.

Kellee Guest

Charlie didn't have one until he went into his big bed about a month ago, but he always used to use his teddy bear as a pillow! He loves his pillow now, though, but he doesn't always use it.