Thread: whose baby sleeps in a swing?

Default whose baby sleeps in a swing?

My baby boy has slept in his swing since birth due to being colicky as this is the only thing that use to sooth him (when he was up all night screaming). He is now 4 and a half months old and still sleeps in his swing for day naps..he co-sleeps with me at night and I just wondered if any one else did/does the same? I am just concerned I guess about the swinging motion and if he is comfy in the seat like bed?? has anyone tried the new cot rocker "lullabub".. maybe i should try this as a transition. If I put him in my bed or cot during the day he usually only last 20mins-45mins. in the swing sometimes 2hours....should i just keep putting him in a bed and hope that he adjusts?? love to hear your thoughts! BTW.. He is not a great sleeper in general up every 2-3 hours at night.

Last edited by guccibabe; August 19th, 2006 at 06:21 PM.

DH and I co-sleep with DD at night, but we are getting a swing for day sleeps. When DD is in childcare (one day a week) she sleeps in a swing, which is why we decided to look at getting one. Our DD sounds similar to your DS, because she wakes pretty often overnight too, and we basically let her sleep on our laps during the day because any other way she wakes in about 20-30 minutes - hopefully when our swing arrives she will have longer sleeps and DH and I will be able to move around while she's sleeping. I wouldn't worry about the swinging motion; my theory is that if they are sleeping, they are obviously comfortable!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi
    My baby girl is the same - during the day she will sleep for either 10 mins, or 40 mins, then need to be rocked (in my arms) back to sleep, I'm getting a hammock from a friend this week in the hopes that it will enable her to fall back asleep in the day.

At night I'm still going to use the cot as she sleeps like a trooper all night (OK, for 3 hrs, then a quick b/f, then 2 hours then b/f, then 2 hrs and a b/f then up and at 'em!).... But I heard it was hard to go from hammock to cot when they got too old for the hammock.... I will let you know if the hammock helps the day time sleeps.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Just got the hammock, it is the BEST thing ever invented.. She has sleep more in the 24 hrs I have had it, than all of last week.. (well, almost)... it is unreal... The friend who lent it to me said it took her baby girl 4 days to 'adjust' to sleeping without it, so hoefully tariq will only take 4 days too? This hammock last up to 15 kg, so maybe wait until 6 months before you remove it? I say if they are happy let them sleep where ever they want (as long as it is safe)...

oh great cee cee. I hired the amby hammock today... so far he loves being in it but woke pretty soon into his nap.. will see how it goes!