Thread: * Implantation & Breakthrough Bleeding

Exclamation * Implantation & Breakthrough Bleeding

Ladies i have what may seem to be a really stupid question.
    Could somebody please tell me what 'BREAK THROUGH BLEEDING'is?
    My sister was jokingly stirring me about it today & I just played along with her but I really have no idea what the devil she was talking about.
    Thank you, sorry if I sound really stupid!!

Hi Storm,

I am not sure in what context your sister was joking about, or what stage of your cycle you are at, but to me it suggests the tiny bit of bleeding you sometimes get either in the middle of your cycle when on the pill, for no apparent reason, or a period that is a lot lighter than usual that you get even though you could actually be pregnant?

I have never had any type of breakthrough bleeding, either when TTC or when pg, so I am really not sure...........anyone else?

Hi Lucy,
    I had a 3 day af on 6th of Jan, since then I have not ovulated so I am at CD22. I started TTC in Dec & BD at the right time .
    I was telling her this when she made the comment.
    I am lost as to why she would suggest that it was probably just break through bleeding, perhaps I should have just asked her what it was!
    #-o

Break Through Bleeding, as far as I know is unusual spotting or irregular bleeding that occurs before you are due to have AF. She could have been referring to Implantation bleeding, which is what happens sometimes in the early stages of pregnancy and can often be misconcieved as AF. I would ask her what she means.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Breakthrough bleeding is an actual term, you can find out about bleeding in pregnancy and the different types on BellyBelly in the pregnancy section See, we are a resource for all things you may not have even heard about Like all bleeding in pregnancy, it's not a reason to panic, but something you should let your doctor know.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Default * Implantation Bleeding

Could someone pls explain to me about implantation bleeding?
    I have been waiting for Af but she arrived a a little
    early -only lasted a couple of days on and off and was fairly light with barely any cramps.
    Just curious:-)
    Any replies would be appreciated!

Hello! If you go to the main BellyBelly website, www.bellybelly.com.au, there is a story on bleeding in pregnancy (in the pregnancy section), which includes a section on implantation bleeding. There is also a little on it in the early pregnancy symptoms page I think? Implantation bleeding is usually pale pinkish in colour and very scant, like spotting. What you have sounds like what I had when I was pregnant, but I didn't have any idea I was pregnant so didn't take much notice unfortunately!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Debbie Lee Guest

I found this info on another site about implantation bleeding:

Implantation Bleeding
    This is normally light and not as heavy as a period. It occurs when the embryo is embedding itself in the wall of the womb, and is not considered a threat to your babyís wellbeing. Bed rest is advised to reduce the flow of blood to your womb that occurs when standing.

Bed rest??? :-s Well, I have been exercising like a fiend because I am trying to lose weight so I hope I haven't done anything to jeopardise a possible pregnancy. I have some spotting in the last 2 days and I am only 5DPO so I am hoping it's implantation.

The confusing thing is that some people say that implantation bleeding occurs just before AF is due yet others say it happens earlier. I guess I will find out soon enough but I am impatient! ](*,)

Debbie,

Implantation usually happens between 7-10DPO - everyone is different and you would assume the bleeding would follow this time frame.

I'm sure you will be fine with the exercising thing, I know when I was pregnant I had no idea until 5 & 1/2 weeks and did everything wrong by the so called books, you will find that many people would also be in the same boat.

You wont have any pregnancy signs or symptoms until bubba implants into your uterus - it's the foetus that produces the hCG once implanted and not anytime before then. So this is why they say to test for pregnancy when you would normally get your period, as you will have no pregnancy hormone in your body until after implantation.

If you get heavy bleeding and cramping, it would be wise to check it out with your doctor, but I wouldn't panic. Good luck!
    Kelly xx

such an OLD thread but wondering would implantation bleeding be red blood still??
    i have had some brownish mucus(so old blood) since monday... just not sure if it would be implantation or just my body trying to have a bleed

I had pale pink discharge last night when i wiped (i was 6dpo). Then today i was spotting pink for about 2 hours then it went away... I have been having cramps, sore boobs, eating a lot more and im tired.