Thread: * Low Progesterone - Oestrogen Dominance

Geniebean Guest

Default * Low Progesterone - Oestrogen Dominance

Anyone know the effects on Low Progesterone when TTC?

My blood tests have come back saying that my progesterone levels are abnormally low and therefore I haven't been ovulating - I KNEW IT!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Moshimoshi

I also had really really low progesterone levels when TTC.I wasn't O'ing either.I had to be put on clomid to make me O.I was put on 50mg clomid and fell pregnant on the second cycle of it.I had to see my GP to get a referral to a gyno/fertility specailist to get onto clomid.

Goodluck..........

I wonder what the cause of low progestrone is? Anyone know? Is it diet or medication etc.

I hope the dr puts you on clomid MoshiMoshi

It's probably a genetic thing but it would be great if there was an obvious reason wouldn't it.

Apparently is not "caused" by anyting specific Moshi, so dont feel as though you have done anything for it to happen. There's a very good chance they will put you on Clomid. There have been many succeful pgs (heaps here at BB alone) from Clomid cycles, so dont be too disheartened.

Geniebean Guest

Thanks girls.

I've heard low progesterone increases your chances of miscarry - is this true? Does Clomid increase chances of multiple pregnancies? Or problems during pregnancy?

Geniebean Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Girl
    I wonder what the cause of low progestrone is? Anyone know? Is it diet or medication etc.

I hope the dr puts you on clomid MoshiMoshi
    It's nothing I did wrong.

It might actually be genetic as my mum miscarried 5 times before she had me and low progesterone can cause miscarriages. Anyway, it's no fault of mine or my mum's - it's just something about me...

froofy Guest

When I started showing signs of endometriosis, I also found out at the same time that my progesterone was very low. After I had a laparoscopy, I got a positive ovulation test after a long time of negatives!