Thread: * Vaginismus & Conceiving

JoDan Guest

Default * Vaginismus & Conceiving

Hi

Was wondering if anyone of you have vag and have been able to conceive??

And if so, how did they go through the birth? examinations?

I have vag and am thinking about starting a family next year. (Fingers crossed on the financial side!)

sorry ithought i would be more appropriate to carry on this discussion down here... How would you have been diagnose with it? Obviously your DH is very supportive and understanding....

JoDan Guest

Well, i had read about the condition when I was a teenager and instantly thought to myself "Oh I hope I don't have that".. anyway, time went on and I never felt comfortable with any guys especially touching me down there.

I then started seeing my husband and thigns were great, I felt comfortable etc and didn't mind him touching me too much. But then I realised after many failed attempts at intercourse that I had vaginsimus.

Some get diagnosed by their dr's but I told mine that's what I have! hehe She is very supportive and to this day has not forced me to have a pap smear (I am 24 and still haven't had one).

Anyway, I am now on the hunt to try and find a gynae who will inject botox into the correct muscle to paralyse it from contracting. that way I can have sex without being in pain. and make my body.mind realise that sex doesnt' hurt.

sorry lovey - i don't mean to be horrid - but i am curious... so this botox injection how long will that last- is it something you wil have to repaet regularly - and will it stop the enjoyment? PLease do not answer if you feel uncomfortable...

JoDan Guest

the botox injection lasts for 3-6months. On tests done, most are successful with just this first lot, some need a second lot of injections.

It doesn't take any feeling away, but stops the troublesome muscle from contracting and causing pain.

It does not/will not affect your bladder control or anything like that.

Some have suggested it may stop orgasms, but I feel this is a small price to pay for a few months when you can finally have intercourse! Plus they will return once the botox wears off.

Anymore questions? I don't mind a bit.

I have a friend who's gynae gives her vag patients valium injections to perform pap smears.. this is no different really except botox lasts for up to 6 months rather than 24 hours.

its all very interesting - i have never heard of it before... i really hope that you are able to find some answers and be able to BD as much as you like to get that BFP.... Hope that you don't have to wait too long....i think that i am all out of questions for now.. thanks for putting up with the spanish inquisition!!!