Thread: *Question for the Cervix Gurus

Default *Question for the Cervix Gurus

Hi All

After reading and researching heaps on the whole cervix position thing, I would to get your opinion on this.
    Last 4 days my cervix has been creeping up, CD 17 was really high and soft, however when I check it on CD 18, it was low and firm.
    I was surprised at how quick it became low again. Does it normally come back down that quick?
    Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm the same as you Emma. My cervix changes throughout the day. I must admit that I really did have trouble judging my cervix. Just couldn't get the hang of it.

Debbie Lee Guest

Julia - I'm no use to you as I have no clue in this area but I am interested in seeing replies to this thread.
    So far I am just concentrating on low, medium and high position and not worrying about the texture and opening quite yet (they have me baffled!).

12bliss Guest

i agree with the first 2 ladies, this morning i checked mine and it was High soft and closed, then midday medium soft closed now tonight high soft and closed...... so maybe if u check it at the same time each day it may be more reliable...

Yep it's recommended that you check your CP at the same time each day & in the same position as it does change quite a bit.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep... do your OPKs and CP checks all at once, hehehe

Thanks for your replies girls

Yep, when I got my +OPK my cervix was the highest and softest I had ever felt.

Thanks girls

Im still confused about what im meant to look for or feel in there and i dont find the info on FF very helpful. Can anyone help or direct me to more helpful thread, dont mind if its TMI.

Debbie Lee Guest

WlakingArt - I'm not very good at it either. This cycle I've just been concentrating on my cervical position and not worrying about texture or whether it's opened or closed. I'm slllowly getting an idea.

Hi

I am by all means no expert but I have learnt heaps over the last couple of weeks.
    I had no idea what I was looking for either until I read up on it then I was like "so that is what it is!!"
    When it was soft it felt all squishy like the rest of the vag canal (??)
    Someone else in BB put this site on and I have kept it, I found it very useful

Goodluck

Julia
    Last edited by JuliaD; October 10th, 2006 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks JuliaD that website is great. Its really helped understand what im looking for now i just have to go home tonight and work it all out.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Julia... you may have to remove that link... we're not allowed to post links... just thort I'd give you a heads-up

Thanks Deb

Debbie Lee Guest

No worries

I used to check in the shower every morning - that way it was at the same time each day and in the same position. I checked my CP and my CM at the same time.

When my CP is high - I can't reach it.
    In terms of feel my general rule of thumb was it's hard if it feels like the tip of your nose. It's soft if it feels more like your earlobe. Medium was always a bit subjective. I was never any good at open or closed because I have some cervical erosion around the os.

HTH