Thread: *TTC* - Long time

Lash Guest

Default *TTC* - Long time

Hi all,
    I only joined today and from what i have read you all sound like nice people to talk to. Does anyone know any information on any natural remadies for conception e.g Chinease medicine. My partner and i have been trying for the last 5 years (it has been a long road) and in that time we have tried on our own and had 1 year of IVF (with no success). I have PCOS and i can't remember when i had a cycle 2 months in a row. Any information would be a great help

murlsa Guest

Hi Lash,

I dont really have any thing that can help, I just wanted to say hi!!!

Hi again Lash. You may want to look in the TTC and taking Clomid/Metformin thread: I know that Butterfly Warrior has had acupuncture and is thinking of looking at Chinese herbs if this cycle isn't the one - or she was a few weeks back. My homeopath did offer herbs etc for when I started, but it was a bit too late for me although he did say he'd helped other people with them, it is worth asking your local alternative practitioners.

Having long, irregular cycles is so annoying, I agree with you! All the best for natural remedies.

Just moving to TTC General Discussion.

Hi Lash.

I'm all for natural remedies. I've heard good stuff about all the above mentioned therapies. I think they're worth a try for ttc & are usually good for you at the same time. I would just make sure you would go to a 'therapist' that was highly recommended by someone you could trust. IYKWIM?

I have been taking Maca powder in capsules, (That was recommended to me by a naturopath) & have had 3 regular cycles in a row. ( I have PCO's) Can't be sure if it helped, but could have? I've never had 3 regular cycles in a row. (When not on the pill)

Welcome & good luck to you.

Lash Guest

Thanks everyone i will do some more research.

Quote Originally Posted by ellajoy
    Hi Lash.

I'm all for natural remedies. I've heard good stuff about all the above mentioned therapies. I think they're worth a try for ttc & are usually good for you at the same time. I would just make sure you would go to a 'therapist' that was highly recommended by someone you could trust. IYKWIM?

I have been taking Maca powder in capsules, (That was recommended to me by a naturopath) & have had 3 regular cycles in a row. ( I have PCO's) Can't be sure if it helped, but could have? I've never had 3 regular cycles in a row. (When not on the pill)

Welcome & good luck to you.
    Hello I am very interested in this Maca powder but was wondering if you have been taking it while having any artificial hormones or anything. I am about to start another round of FSH injections but would like to get some of this maca powder. I do not want to say anything to my FS because they always just dismiss these natural remedies.

There are several IVF clinics that recommend acupuncture as being helpful. But I have not had experience with it myself. Also things like antioxidants can be helpful. I guess if I had a good suggestion for you, Id be using it myself, but alas like you have been TTC for over 5 years too and no bubba yet... feel free to join us in the long term assisted conception threads...

Hello, I'd be keen to give some Chinese medicine a try, we TTC'd for >7 months last time and it was the month I started taking a custom-made blend of chinese herbs that we fell PG (or it might have been the fertility doll...LOL). I'm much older this time, and if we have any problems I'll be heading straight out to the nearest Chinese medicine practitioner, for a combination of herbal treatment, acupuncture and whatever other ancient wisdom they can hand out!
    I wish you all the best
    :-)

Lash Guest

I have been doing a bit of research on Maca Powder and it sounds good. Will keep on investigating. Thanks all