Thread: 14 day cycle?? What the..???

Question 14 day cycle?? What the..???

Hi all, DH and I have been TTC #3 for almost 6 months now. I have had really irregular cycles since coming off depo. I haven't been charting or anything, for me it just puts the pressure on and things get too technical! So I had my LMP on 9th Feb which was after a 36 day cycle. I have been working on ovulation period to be a huge span of around 23rd Feb - 2nd March which covers a 28 - 35 day cycle. Anyways, I had some spotting on 23rd Feb and thought it might be implantation . But now 3 days later it has turned into a light period ( I need to wear panty liners now) which means this is a 14 day cycle?? I don't understand? Could it still be an implantation bleed or what? Is this normal or is it a doctor thing? What do you all think? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me crazy!

Hi Bec,

It may be an implantation bleed if it is light, but not overly sure.

I remember back when I was 15 or 16 I had a 14 day cycle and I went to the doc to find out why and he said that my hormones are out of balance. So put me on hormone replacement pills for a month I think and everything went back to normal.

Just keep an eye on it and if you are worried about possibility of having such a short cycle, go and see your doc.

Hmmm, thanks for your input! I have been driving myself crazy with what if's so it's nice to get another female point of view. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens....oh the waiting game.....

Just had another thought.....can ovulation cause some bleeding?

Yeh I think I have heard that ovulation can cause bleeding, not too sure how much. Even doing the deed can cause some bleeding too. I think thats happened to me in the past as well.

Thanks, and all the best for your p/g!!