Thread: 3 BFNs, CD 36 and AF still not here! (touch wood...)

neat Guest

Default 3 BFNs, CD 36 and AF still not here! (touch wood...)

Well it's now CD 36 and still no AF and I've done 3 HPTs (2 am, 1 pm) and all were neg (although I thought one showed v v v v faint line but BF thinks it was just wishful thinking, hehe). Came off pill (Microgynon) halfway through pack in December, had period in Jan (31 day cycle) and it's now march and i thought af would be here on day 31 this month too (though obviously i hoped she wouldn't!). we bd'd every possibly opportunity last month although i didn't have much CM (EW day 17 and Creamy-sticky day 21) so not sure if I even ovulated

this post is bound to tempt fate and remind AF that she hasn't stopped by this month, but i don't know whether (1) i've ovulated, (2) i took the test too early and (3) is the pill messing me up??!!! i did read somewhere that you're actually more likely to get pg in the first two months [/i]after coming off the pill, then it gets harder after that... any thoughts anyone??!

ooh btw - my temps are still quite high:- for last 8 days they've been 36.8, 36.6, 36.7, 36.6, 36.7, 36.8, 36.8, 36.7... if it stays high does it mean AF will be here soon or is it an indication of pg...?

any advice is appreciated!!!!

neat xxx

PS - can't stop eating either, although this may be cos i've just packed up smoking a week ago today...?

hey sounds good!!!

normally high temps mean preg....when thet start to come down you can usually expect af

Sorry to disappoint, neat, but my post-pill was 34 days then 6 weeks regular (41-45 days - luteal phases I've measured have been 11, 20, then 13 days), I guess I'm subconciously hoping my 6 weeks isn't really unusual - I hope you're just having a long cycle and get back to normal quickly.

Good luck and I hope you are pg and just tested too early.

neat im hearing ya girlfriend.............

I went off pill in October and AF been all over the place. Im up to day 35 and still no AF. did 2 tests and they were both negative. bummer.
    so im doing the waiting game. getting bad cramps today so maybe shes comin. I fell 8 weeks going of the pill with baby#1 so i think my body is out of whack too. Im a bit disappointed i havnt fallen yet. but im keepin fingers crossed. im also eating like a pig and have no energy. i hope its my turn this month its my 28th bday soon this month and it would make a great bday pressie.
    :bdust:

neat Guest

thanks for your replies guys, my temp this am was 36.4 so looks like the witch is coming... :-(

i've been feeling like crap today though - had a few cramps this morning, had headache all day and feel bit sicky (only tiny bit though) but this is probably cos i've decided to cut back on caffeine and have been on decaff all day so i'm getting withdrawal symptoms! nightmare time to detox - am getting withdrawal symptoms from caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and takeaway food all at the same time, haha.

so if the pill has messed up my cycle then how comes i had my period last month and december? it came 29 dec and 29 jan... hmm....!

I came off the pill early Jan and had a withdrawal bleed on 3/1 - since then I have not had a period. Several BFN's, a BT and an U/S later, and STILL no AF. Now CD 66. Am beginning to think that this could drag on for quite some time. I hope that you are pg, but if not then I hope you get your AF soon so you can start trying again. Good luck!

sporty chick maybe you should go to GP thats a long time?????????
    just to be sure. i was 5 weeks pregnant with DS and got a negative result on home pregnancy test....had to have blood test. good luck. :-k

i did go to the gp after the blood test and the ultrasound - she said it was just my body coming off the pill and if i still hadn't had a period in 4 weeks, test again. The 4 weeks will be up in a week - and i may go back then. but what can they do???? if ultrasound shows no problems??? ](*,)

neat Guest

wow sporty chick and i thought I was out of sync! well unfortunately af came last tuesday so i'm definitely not pg ](*,) hope next month's cycle will be a bit more regular though. have no idea when will be o'ing as computer crashed and lost my spreadsheet with BBTs etc! nightmare... luckily friend has given me an opk though - never used one before but hopefully i'll only have to learn to use it once!

thanks for all your advice guys, shame af came but hey, it'll happen when the time's right, i'm sure [-o<

sporty chick - hope your cycles get sorted out soon too :-)

neat