Thread: Is 31 too old ??

Default Is 31 too old ??

Im really starting to feel down. A couple of "relatives" who have children keep asking me when i will have kids etc, they thought they would let me know that I better start soon because I am 31 and will find it difficult to get pregnant. They have no idea that we have been TTC for 10 months.

Im turning 32 in June and am starting to wonder if i have left it too late to start a family. Especially when there are so many 20's girls out their with kids.

Is there anyone else that had their first bub at over 30??

Kirsty77 Guest

You are absolutely NOT to old! I saw myself having kids much younger but it just never happened that way. I have loads of friends over 30 that have gone on to have kids and had uneventful uncomplicated pregnancies too! My cousin is 34 and is pregnant and has had no problems, just trying to get pregnant took her 15 months but no matter how old you are some people it just takes a bit longer where as others just fall pregnant at the drop of a hat!

Goodluck!

I am 30 this year and hoping also that it won't take me too long to fall pregnant. My sister is 33 this year and probably won't even start trying until next year as she will come back from living in London then. There are more and more girls waiting until their 30's to have a baby (a lot of my friends included). A close friend of mine had her first baby at 37.

I always thought I'd have one at 25, but when that hit I felt way too young and couldn't imagine it now. It all depends on you, your body and your relationship.

I'm starting to think having been on the pill for so many years has something to do with it being harder down the track??

Keep smiling

As the other girls have said you definitley not too old @ 31. I concieved Declan when I was 31 (I was 1 month off turning 32) and it only took us 2 months to concieve him. Those realtives of yurs should learn to keep their mouths shut when it come to you TTCing and your age. There are plenty of people that wait until they are in their early 30's to TTC their first child and no doubt found it easy to become pg and had an uncomplicated pregnancy.

Good luck when you do decide to start TTCing.

Sammy, over here in the UK we have women who are 50 giving birth and also women getting pg whilst on HRT. So no, you're no way too old. Loads of first-time mummies here are in their 30s with no problems. Yes, it may take a bit longer to conceive, but who's to say it wouldn't have taken this long if you went for it ten years ago?

Best of luck to you!

Ryn

Janet Guest

Sheesh 31 is young! I was 34 with #1 and I'm 37 with #2. There may even be a #3 one day

I fell pregnant with DD (my first) when I was 31, almost 32, fell pregnant during the 2nd month. I think it depends entirely on you and your partner.

I'm 33 so I hope not!

Tell those relatives to mind their own business. Or if you want to shut them up tell them you have been trying for 10 months and it upsets you when they keep asking questions about it

tiamiami Guest

Default Sammy :-} My update!

Hi Sammy,
    No way 31 is great. I am 36 yrs old and will be 37 on June 8. I am TTC solo using donor sperm. I also live in the US and have insurance but it is useless when it comes to infertility! ( Which Sucks) I am on CD 3 and even worse my doctor put me on BCP to stop AF and I will take BCP until March 15, 2005 then Doc says AF will arrive on the 18 of March then on CD 3 start Clomid then 4 injections of Bravelle then US then HOPEFULLY IUI. Sammy stay positive. I know very well it is hard. So far out of 6 cycles 4 were cancelled!!! first month test so not Docs fault, Second HSG waiting on results from lab passed cycle by, not docs fault, 3 + 4 BFN, 5 cycle xxld eggs not rite and 6 is now and Period being manipulated. What do you all think about this? This is so hard!

Thanks so much guys.

Its great to hear positive stories of people who have started to TTC in their 30's successfully.
    I am learning to be more patient and stay positive. I am lucky i have a very supportive DH. Everyone on this forum has been so supoprtive as well. I dont know how i would cope otherwise.

I guess before you start to TTC, you always think that it will just happen (well i did), i had no idea it would be a long and difficult journey. I know I am not alone on this journey. So GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!!

:bdust: dust:

I was 35 when I had my first baby after TTC for 9months.
    37 when I fell pregnant with my twins.
    39 when I had my first daughter and 41 when I had my second.
    I was 43 when I fell pregnant with my second little boy (late (M/C) and TTC again.
    No, you are not too old!!!!

Good luck.
    Debbie

deedeeze Guest

I hope 31 is not too old! I'm 34 and after focusing on my career for a while I only just got married last November. We are TTC now (first cycle).

For me 34 is not too old as I only just met DH a few years ago and I am only now in a position to financially support myself and any potential family.