Thread: 32-35 Day cycle

maya07 Guest

Default 32-35 Day cycle

Hi,

My cycle has recently changed from a fairly regular 28 days to around 32-35 days. I am just wondering if anyone knows how this affects when you would ovulate as i am having difficulty reading my body atm. I am not temping, just keeping an eye on CM, but might have to be a bit more serious with charting my next cycle to try and work out whats going on!

TIA

hi maya!

i have (had) a 32 day cycle and i was using ovulation test strips and i found i got a positive ovulation around days 19-21 - which when we discovered i was pregnant matched with our first scan!!

Good luck ttc!!

Watch out for you CM as that will be the best indicator of your fertile time. It could be about CD 19 or later if your cycle is getting longer.

i concieved DD on CD 18 of a 32 day cycle!

yep you'll be ovulating later then normal. My average ovulation day is cd20 giving me a 34 day cycle. Although this month i didn't o until cd 26!

maya07 Guest

Thanks guys!! I thought that might be the case!

Maya, I have always had a 34-36 day cycle and I still always ovulate 14days before I start my bleed. So for me it is always around CD22 - I also get all the right CM at that time too plus O cramping. However, if this is the first time you've had one this long, I would be waiting to see what happens over the next few cycles to see if it stays that way or goes back to your *normal* cycle.

maya07 Guest

Thanks Trillian, this is about my 4-5th long cycle and have thought i was ovulating around CD 16, and then again at about CD 26!! Wierd i know. I should really pay some serious attention as i don't think its likely i am O'ing twice in one month!

As soon as this cycle ends (currently on CD33) i will temp and check CM consistently.

hey maya- dont dismiss ovulating twice a month- it does happen especially with long cycles!! Thats often how fraternal twins are conceived (non identical) A set of identical twins are when they egg splits into ttow- and fraternal are when TWO eggs are fertilised- which generally happens if you ovulate twice in the one month!! Good luck!!!

When 2 eggs are released they are released together not days or weeks apart though.