Thread: About to start TTC!

Default About to start TTC!

HI all,
    I am new to the forum and new to TTC! Hubby and I have decided it is time to try and we are very excited and overwhelmed and excited!!

Would love to hear from anyone who has hypothyroidism and is trying also, or who has gone through all this.

Hey shellbell! and welcome to the forum

I cant help you on the hypothyroidism but thought I would pop in and say and good luck with your TTC! I would suggest joined the TTC Buddies section. The ladies in their are awesome and a load of support. I hope your TTC journey is nice and short.

Hi Shellbell Good luck in your TTC journey! I also have hypothyroidism which was due to a pituitary tumor (which I'm currently taking thyroxine for) and my DH and I have been fortunate enough to conceive in our second cycle of trying I don't think the hypothyroidism will prevent you from getting pregnant...but as soon as I knew, I called my endocrinologist who increased my dosage of thyroxine...it is very important to keep good levels of the thyroid hormones during pregnancy as too low a level can lead to developmental abnormalities in the baby such as low IQ and so forth. I just read recently also that taking thyroxine may prevent me from breastfeeding which I am none to pleased about...but my number 1 priority is to make a healthy baby first!!

I wish you the best of luck during this very exciting time...I definitely agree with Veronica...join one of the TTC groups...there are so many supportive and lovely women out there to share the experience with!

Hello Shellbell,
    Welcome to BB, we are about to start TTC soon as well. Good luck and hope you get BFP very soon

Hey Shellbell

Welcome to BB...wishing you a short and sweet TTC journey!

Good Luck on your TTC Journey, I hope it is a short and successful one for you

Welcome Shellbell! Good luck with your TTC journey, hopefully we'll hear of your BFP soon!

Welcome Shellbell! Hope your TTC journey is a short one!

Nic