Thread: Acupuncture

Default Acupuncture

Hi,
    I had a suggestion from my GP yesterday that I should consider acupuncture to assist regulating my cycles, and helping with TTC...
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a therapist in Sydney?
    And can anyone share their experiences in how acupuncture may or may not have assisted.
    Thanks!!!

BecA Guest

Hi Rufalina

I have been having acupunture for 2 cycles now. I am currently in the horrible TWW so can't tell you if it has worked for me yet. But it has definately regulated my temperature previously they were all over the shop now pretty even and its easy to see the ovulation dip. Also i ovulated day 13 this cycle and previous ones had been around day 17. The lady I went to said last week she doesn't need to see me anymore as my body is balanced and blood flow is strong.

Sorry i can't recommend anyone is Sydney. I think you should give it a go - good luck with your journey

I tried acupuncture but it didn't help for me. I treid it for several cycles with no success

What did help to sort out my cycles (and I got PG my first month on them) was Vitex and Don Quai.

Hi Rufalina,

Just wanted to let you know I have been having acupuncture for quite a while now.
    When I was very young, I was diagnosed with severe endo, and acupuncture was the only thing that saved me!!!
    It regulated my cycle... I was having my period for 2 weeks,and only 2 weeks apart... it was hell!!!
    After having regular acupuncture, using chinese herbs & changing a few things in my diet (mainly dairy), my cycles have been absolutely spot on ever since... anywhere from 4 - 7 days long and my cycle is exactly 28 days, ovulating on day 14, and has been for years.
    I have done 4 cycles of IVF (due to damaged tubes),and have had the acupuncture weekly whilst doing this (no luck unfortunately yet!), but before the IVF I was having acupuncture once a fortnight.
    I live in Terrigal, and the lady I see is truly the most fantastic therapist ever (!!), if you don't mind the hour drive..... but I don't know about people in Sydney... there are a lot of ladies in the LTTTC thread that have acupuncture, though, and a lot of them live in Sydney, so it might be worth posting this thread over there as well...

Hope my rambling helped!!!!
    Holly
    xxx

Thanks Holly - always good to hear. Hope this is a successful cyucle for you!!

Bec - Thanks for the endorsement. I am going to give it a go and see if I can get my cycles down and O a bit earlier. Good luck with the next IFV cycle... I might post in the LTTCC too. Thanks!!

TS - Thanks too. I know it is not going to be the miricle answer, and that it does not work for everyone, but I rekon that it cant hurt to cover all my bases.

xo

Rufalina - that's what I figured when I tried them too. I was wiling to try just about anything.