Thread: advice needed

I_HEART_BABIES Guest

Default advice needed

hi everyone

I just have a question i hope i can get somp help with...

has anyone been pg, had symptoms like cramps since around o time, tender boobs and sickness that is suspiciously like my previous morning sickness and over emotional, but still not able 2 get a bfp till af is due?

period started 1st sept, not sure how long my cycle is.. 28-32 days maybe so i dont know exactly when im due!! ive had 1 faint + and the rest neg but have no idea when 2 test.

is it true that if you have "symptoms" then there would be enough pg hormone 2 show a positive regardless if AF is overdue or not?

I feel god awful:ms:

hope someone can help me i feel so crap but holding off on going to dr till either af is here or i know something (dont wanna have 2 say 2 him that i dont know whats going on! )

JoDan Guest

Hi we are roughly on the same cycle give or take a few days.

AF for me on a 33Cycle would make me due 7th Oct. It all depends on when you ovulated though.

I had symptoms with jess, and just knew I was pg again. Bt confirmed I was Pg, but HPT's were negative untill I was 10wks preg! So yes, it's possible to be pg and get -ves untill later in the pgcy.

Hello, I was an 'early starter' with the symptoms too, but didn't get a BFP until a day after AF was due (using FMU and all)! So, symptoms don't necc mean that you should expect an early +ve HPT. I just wanted to say I don't think there's any harm in going to your doctor and explaining your symptoms and asking for a blood test, but I'd give it an extra day or two so you're past the text book 28 days before asking.
    Good luck!
    :-)
    Last edited by AnyDream; September 27th, 2006 at 03:00 PM.

When I was Preg With DS, I had cramping before AF was due, and convinced I was going to get AF, however My HPT was -ve until at least a week after AF was due...Good luck

I did a pregnancy test at home that was postive but the Doctors one came back negative. It then was confirmed with a blood test.

Good Luck fingers crossed.

I had my first PG confirmed through a BT. The HPT just didnt show up until I was 10w PG. With DD#2 I couldnt even get a conclusive BT, HPT were all neg, finally at 13w I got a + BT. DD#3, I did a HPT a couple of days before AF was due, it was BFP, and I just couldnt believe it.

I remember arguing with the Dr about DD#2, I just knew I was PG, but the results wouldnt confirm it. She didnt really believe me.

I hope you get a BFP very soon.

I also got symptoms very early so I tested early thinking it might be BFP but was BFN. Got my BFP on the day AF was due. I would personally start testing on the day AF is due. If it's negative and AF still doesn't come, test again a few days later.

I_HEART_BABIES Guest

Thanks for all the information ladies, it has been very interesting.

Well no BFP, no AF but then i should be due today or next couple of days maybe? All i know is im getting sicker and sicker and now im getting headaches so im rather miserable waiting for af so i can sort this out. I feel like im gonna chuck.... OMG my baby is on my lap and has just filled the nappy i changed 10mins ago... the smell isnt helping! I dont remember m/s being this bad so maybe im just sick?!

Ill give af till monday to show and then i will go to my gp.

Thanks again ladies

there is a gastro bug doing the rounds atm so I hope it's not that and that u get ur BFP very soon!!!!

I_HEART_BABIES Guest

Cramps gone, still sick... no sign of AF