Thread: Advice please?

clueless Guest

Default Advice please?

Hi Everyone, like my name says I am completely clueless and have come to this site for a bit of advice.
    I know I should take a HPT (living in a small town and gossip Im just not ready to be seen buying one yet!) or visit a doctor but Im hoping people who have been there before might be able to tell me if its possible im pg or just going crazy.
    Im currently on the pill however missed it 2 consecutive days last cycle (about midway through) and also a 3rd one earlier in the cycle. About a week or so after that I began feeling queezy (Im assuming too early for ms?) but then all I got for my AF (which was 3 days late) was a tiny bit on the paper after I wiped, for 2 days and I have heard of women still getting a little bit when they first fall pregnant. When mentioning to a friend that I was feeling sick she had a bit of fun saying I was pg but that is what got me thinking. My AF is generally quite light anyway (approx 4-5 days) but never like that. I also still have the queezy feeling and tiredness (Im a teacher so end of term?) and headachey. I am now 2 weeks into my next cyle so this queezyness has been going on for about 3 weeks now Im not really convinced that I am but it is niggling at me. How early do people start feeling sick and tired in general if they are pregnant? Advice please??

Hi Clueless

I would buy some of the HPTs from online, then the whole town won't know whether you are or are not pregnant (I have lived in a very small town and gossip was horrible). I started feeling yuk with this pregnancy from about 4 weeks, but with Maria it wasn't until 7 weeks.

Hi Clueless

I'd wait and see for your next period: I sometimes missed days on the Pill and then sometimes would get my period late (how can you be 2 days late on the Pill?). It would also be strange if I missed pills anywhere in the cycle.

I never felt bad in pregnancy - well, not until the sciatica and then the pre-labour - so can't help you there.

Could you go to the next town and get an HPT there? Just a thought if you didn't want to wait.

My periods sometimes arrived later than expected even when I was on the pill and I would sometimes get quite light ones too, enough to send me running to the chemist for a hpt.

Having said that I started getting queezy and headaches before my period was due and the lethargy set in by week 6 so it could be pg symptoms. Can you sneak a test through the checkout at the supermarket?

clueless Guest

Thanks for the advice. I live in a remote mining community so the next town is over 400kms away . I checked in the supermarket today and there wasnt any and Im a teacher in the local school so when I went to the chemist it was a parent from the school wanting to serve me which is why I am a little concerned about gossip. I think I will send my partner in when his work roster finishes

Ryn- managed to miss 2 during a girls weekend, got caught up in all the excitement I guess.

competely understand, I am a teacher too and have just moved from a remote but large mining town where you still knew everyone :-)

If you think you might be pregnant stop taking the pill until you have tested. If you read the leaflet with your pill you will notice that it tells you to do that.

clueless Guest

Ok, after spending most of last night (am very tired today!) reading various forums and getting myself more anxious I went to the chemist and got a test kit (bypassed the lady I new and had a quite word with the pharmicist who understood my predictiment!) I did the test this after noon and it was a BFN! I will retest tomorrow morning just to double check but it has de-stressed me a whole lot!

Goodluck to all you ladies that are pregnant or trying to be. Thank you to the ladies in here who offered some advice to me. I wish you luck and will hopefully see you in a year or 2 time when its my turn!