Thread: AF question.. (might be TMI)

gobble-gobble Guest

Default AF question.. (might be TMI)

I dont know where to post this, but Conception seems as good a place as any.....and Im sorry if this is TMI but if I cant ask the questions here, then I wont have anywhere else
    Its my 3rd AF since coming off BCP, and Ive noticed that Im getting a few clots in my blood flow. Some are really small, maybe 3mm wide, ive also had a couple that are the size of a 10cent coin. They dont hurt, and Im not having bad cramps either, but Im just a bit concerned that perhaps it could prevent us conceiving further down the track?? Can anyone give any advice??

Kirsty77 Guest

Sounds normal to me. My normal AF has a few clots in it ranging from small to about that size. As long as its not really painful and you are not having excessive blood loss than it should be fine. Just keep an eye on the size of the clots your passing and if they get any bigger maybe you could make a doc appt.

perthmum Guest

WOW!! I just questioned my mum about the same thing yesterday! Since having my son 20 months ago I've been having clots in my AF too, whereas it was always free flowing (sorry tmi!!) before. Thanks for asking the question, I'll keep my eyes open for the answers too!!

PS: My mum said it sounded normal!

Sounds normal to me too........not that I have had an AF in years & years, but during my initial very long TTC stint, when I was really tracking my cycles and AF, I noticed that about every 3rd or 4th AF was a clotty one......

Mine are like that too whenever I am not on the BCP. Although they weren't like that before I had kids, but I did have a few endo problems and only ever had scant bleeding anyway.

gobble-gobble Guest

wow so it sounds pretty normal then! I vaguely remember having a few clots before going on the BCP but id been on them for 2.5 years and Id forgotten about them.... I googled it and it sounds fairly common, something to do with a blood-thinning hormone being released when we get AF, but sometimes our bodies push out the blood so quickly the hormone doesnt get a chance to thin the blood, if that makes sense.

Yeah it does sound normal....wishing u all the best

Default Confused

Hi, Ok let me give you the run down..

I had been on implanon for 4 1/2 years and had it removed 18th Aug ( 21 days ago), my last AF was 29th July (43 days ago) i think i ovulated about 31st Aug, (confused yet ???) we TTC on the 31st and the 2nd Sept, On Sat just gone i started to get sore tummy and was spotting sat night then sunday a bit heaveir now today not much at all almost finished i think, it looks normal (blood), I have no pms symptoms and i usually do get them... can anyone tell me what they think might be going on.... I thought maybe it is my AF but just dont feel how i normally do when they are approaching.....thinking also that maybe it is my cycle getting back to normal maybe - ?????????????????????????????????