Thread: AF and still being pregnant

Default AF and still being pregnant

I hope I have posted in the right place.

Lately I have been thinking about when I miscarried and I have realised that I got AF on May 7 and I got a big surprise BFP on May 20 and lost bub on May 21. If you do the calcs I either Oed very early and got an early positive or I got pregnant had AF and was still pregnant afterwards.

Question: Has anyone had AF and still been pregnant or has anyone continured to get AF during a pregnancy. I am asking because I have just had AF and I am so tired (u know that pregnancy type tired) and emotional.

I have also started to temp "down stairs" and my temps are so much higher. How much higher are temps supposed to be?
    Last edited by BekZ; November 14th, 2006 at 03:32 PM.

clare076 Guest

Hi Bek
    I have never had AF will pregnant, although with the amount of bleeding I get you would think it was AF. I have heard of plenty of women getting AF still while preg. The only way to be sure is to get a beta done.

As far as vaginal temps go, they are often up to a degree higher than oral temps. Different for each person though

*TamaraP* Guest

You can still get bleeding through pregnancy.

What you may have had in May was the following.

Implantation Bleed on the 7th, then you tested got your + and then unfortunately m/c. But I can't be certain because I am no DR obviously.

But with now, it could be possible to be pregnant with temps sorry can't help you there as I haven't tempt in about 6months!! - have you done a test to see what happens?

I haven't done a test because I kinda feel silly and I think I know that I am not pregnant.

I just thought that I would mention the AF and getting a +ve only 13 days after. I definately had AF, if fact I spot bled for 5 days before AF started and then got a full AF. When I m/s my HCG levels were 1000 which is about 5 weeks.

Clare when did you bleed through your pregnancy?

Bekz, I'd be inclined to go have some blood tests!

I was pregnant in Nov 2004 but on Dec 11th began bleeding heavily, on Dec 13th I passed a small blob, I couldnt get in to have an U/S til early Jan, when I did it was confirmed Bubs had gone to heaven, I was so queasy & stopped temping & TTC as I was prett distraught after taking 14+ mthsof temping etc to finally get preg... I had severe preg symptoms & I did a HPT later in Jan & it was +.... We were so shocked, now Indah is 1+yrs old!!!

Go get a blood test & see what youir body is doing...

Best of luck sweetS!

Thanks Tracey. Something cosmic is happening to me today. I have just remembered what happened to me and m/s with dates (today is the only day I have really thought about dates etc). My mum tells me she had AF and then found out she was 14wks with me and now I ask you to look at the this thread and you have had a similar experience.

ok I might test in the morn. Mind you I have no symptoms except for being tired and my temps are high (temping down stairs though).