Thread: AF while PG?

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Default AF while PG?

Every now and then you hear those stories about women who have a 'surprise' birth - they go into the toilet thinking they are just feeling unwell and out pops a bub. The explanation you normally read for this is that they had their period while they were pregnant. I'm just wondering if this is even possible? Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this?

(Not that we need even MORE excuses to POAS, hehe!)
    Last edited by Mum2Furbabies; April 13th, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

Yep, happened to my cousins wife. She was prg and didn't know it - took the pill and had her period regularly for 9 months. She collapsed on the kitchen floor in agony one day and her DH called an ambulance, the baby was born before they got there!

AND this was her third!! None of us can work out how she didn't know. She is a larger girl, but not huge by any stretch and my aunty saw her the day before and swears black and blue that she did not look prg.

I had a teacher who didnt know for months and months. In the end kids were asking if she was pg and off she went to find out!!! weird the kids realising before she did!!

sazzafrazz - good luck for 4 days time!

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Wow! I never knew if it was an urban myth or not, how strange!

(& Sazzafrazz - good luck!)

HI,
    It happened to a friend of a friend too. SHe had no idea. She went to the hospital with severe stomach cramps and the Dr said....you are in labour!!
    SAM

A Belly Belly-er just recently announced her pregnancy and she had a definate AF, moderate flow enough to use tampons over a couple of days. She checked tho as TTC so found out a week after AF she was pregnant. I know it's weird how it can happen !!! As a consequence, I still do a HPT a week after AF !! how desparate am I