Thread: Almost immediate preg symptoms

Default Almost immediate preg symptoms

Hey everyone,

I was wondering - is it really possible to feel pregnancy symptoms almost immediatly after you have concieved??? I was speaking to a friend a few weeks ago who said her mother thought she knew when she was preg like 3 hours after they had got pregnant.

I found out last time at 9 DPO. I had been sick for the whole week and went to the dr thinking i had a stomach bug, got the fright of my life when he did a test and it was positive. I had just come off the pill and didn't think it would happen so soon!.

Anyway, for the last 2 days i got positive OPK and we BD yesterday morning, and then since yesterday afternoon i have been feeling really nauseous. Is it just in my head cos i know we are in with a chance, or could it be real???

Last time i must have had pretty early symptoms soon. I feel shocking this morning, like i want to puke everywhere, but was up with the baby twice last night, so that probably has more to do with it.

Thanks.

you never know yael!! Basically it takes a couple of days after ovulation for the egg to be fully fertilised, and then another couple of days for it to implant, so you arent supposed to "feel" anything until atleast then.

But thats not to say its impossible! fingers crossed

I wouldn't have thought your body would know about the baby until it's implanted? But who knows! I hope you get your BFP Yael!

I think its all in my head...

When i heard about ppl who felt it immediatly i thought they were making it up.

But maybe last time i felt something as soon as it implanted, cos i had been sick for a while and when i found out it was my 2nd time back to dr that week (i remember cos first time he gave me tablets your not suppose to have in pregnancy, and i freaked out after i found out)... It was so faint the 2nd line to dr and i had to sit there waiting like 10 mins before we were sure

Hi Yael - As everyone else has said - you're not 'supposed' to get any symptoms until after implantation, however I certainly believe that I had early pg symptoms, so it's not impossible!!! I started feeling really nausious and 'off' a few days after conception. After feeling that way for a week and noticing that my sense of smell had increased dramatically, I did a HPT that was negative. The next morning, I couldn't even eat breakfast - so I don't think it could have just been in my head. Ended up getting a really faint BFP two days later, so there you go!!! Funnily enough, a week after getting the BFP, all my symptoms disappeared and I haven't had any m/s since - very weird!!!

Good luck.

Kelly xxx

clare076 Guest

Well with all 3 of my pregnancies I have known from about 3DPO. I get almost immiediate nausea and cramps, my bb's start to tingle and I get a stitch type pain.
    With Shelby I ovulated the Wed, and by Sat bought "what to expect". I dont know why it happens but it does.

On the cycle I got pg I started feeling nauseous on the day after O.. I thought it was all in my head but continued on during my TWW. 3DPO I got a stitch type pain (like clare) that lasted about 30mins so could have possibly been implantation. I also got cramps straight away, so maybe it was early implantation thats why the symptoms had started early?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Let's just hope it isn't in my head or i will feel very silly!

Thanks Kate for the bday messages - i can't believe they grow up so fast - where did the year go??

Glad someone else was wondering this too! I have convinced myself my nausea was all in my head and will continue TTC heheh.

Well, still feeling sick and my milk yesterday was very low, so lets hope i am preg!

When should i start testing? I'm only 6 DPO at this stage.. i thought i might try from 9 onwards - which was when i got my very faint positive last time.

i got my BFP on 9 DPO- i so never tought that i would gt a BFP that early with PCOS

TEST !!!

Considering the expense of tests, if you're prepared to wait, then wait until around 9 or 10 dpo. But .... then again... TEST! LOL!

I knew early with Jess as I had m/s four days running so I went and had a test. With Kat I had terrible cramps a few days after conception and I didn't put two and two together untill I had the same thing the cycle I fell with Jess so.... The cramps were horrible and even panadine forte didn't take them away completely.. So at least now I know what to look for for implantation sign. I know I may not get it every pgcy, but the past two I did so that's gotta mean something.

Update to this thread Here