Thread: Am I pregnant?

Default Am I pregnant?

Hey Ladies, just before you read on TMI warning!!

My husband and I are TTC baby #2. My period started Friday the 3rd of April and ended Wednesday 8th of April. They are pretty regular and 99% of the time go for 5 days. We DTD on Thursday the 9th of April...This morning I felt nauseous and before 12pm had been to the toilet 9-10 times (wee) but not much since. I have a niggle in my lower stomach region kinda like period pain only milder and at the moment I am having twinging little niggle in the area where my ovaries are, on both sides but mostly my left side.
    Could I already be pregnant??? Does all of this make sense? I feel as though I should know having been there not that long ago but I guess that I would like to know what everyone thinks??

hi rusty.. could you be ovulating?... what is your cm like? i get mild cramps when i ovulate and it would be about the right time for you after af.
    good luck
    liz

that this is the month for your BFP. If you DTD on the 9th it is probably a little too early to tell if you are pregnant. Implantation usually occurs between day 6 and 10. The best thing is to wait for 2 weeks (or a close to it as you can!!!) and then do a HPT. Good luck.

ETA - I also agree with Liz28 that there is a good chance that you are ovulating. Do you have a normal cycle length?

well I thought it might be too soon and then I thought to myself....your just trying to convince yourself because you want to be!! but in my defence haven't noticed anything like what I am feeling since the last time I was pregnant. Oh well will wait some more and DTD again and then do a test

If you have a 'normal' 28ish day cycle and your day 1 of the cycle was the 3rd April that means that today would be day 12 and you could be ovulating!!! You should be BDing right now!!!! Probably for the next two or three days as well. You wanna make sure you cover all possible ovulation days. Have fun and good luck!

To the bedroom with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiegirl777 View Post
    If you have a 'normal' 28ish day cycle and your day 1 of the cycle was the 3rd April that means that today would be day 12 and you could be ovulating!!! You should be BDing right now!!!!
    My husband is away on a course with work at the moment!!! DARN IT! He will be back on Friday...will that be too late??
    I don't understand the whole "cycle" thing...I just know that your most firtile 5-7 days after your period... is that right??

Actually I think it's more like that you normally ovulate 14 days before you get your period. This is why your ovulation days can change but your luteal phase rarely does. That's why they (the experts ) say you should DTD before, during and at least a day after you think you have ovulated. Just to make sure you don't miss the egg. Friday? Hmmmm...You might get lucky? You just never know.

if you OKP you will be more likely to hit the right day
    the whole cycle thing is not that hard just annoying, and yes more like 14 days

still feeling nauseous today and I can feel my boobies are getting sore. Sooooooooooooo confused!!

oh and what does OKP mean??

Good Morning - OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit. You can buy them from your supermarket. Sore BB's can happen at ovulation. Not sure about feeling nauseous though.

Rusty girl - I am always the party pooper it seems! I agree with the others, it sounds more like you are "o"ing - I too get crampy and ovarian pain, then a sharp stab when the event occurs (I can time it to the second heh heh cos it hurts!).

Most things work backwards with TTC. For example - hindsight bias is wonderful when it comes to pregnancy symptoms, such as "I knew I was pregnant because I was so tired/lots of wee/sore boobs etc. But really, all these symptoms preclude AF also . Secondly, you can only accurately predict when you have ovulated, not that you are about to. OPKs can give an indication, but the only way to tell for sure is taking your temp and with the help of modern technology, you can chart it and three days AFTER you ovulate, it will tell you! THEN, about 14 days after this miraculous event, you will either miss your AF, or she will arrive in all her glory.

I suggest finding out about your cycles by temping and charting. There is lots of info in here that can help you, or ask away!

Good luck hun *hugs*

i get sore boobs, nausea and cramping with ovulation but i get it 2-4 days before teh big event

so friday will be fine, just get in as soon as he gets home lol

5-7 days after af well that may be true if you have af for 5 days so then you will ovulate CD 10-17 then letual phase of 12-14 days means a 22 -32 day cycle
    soooo confusing

hahaha, thats ok Dragonbub. I have never noticed these things before this time whilst I have been ovulating....so strange. I guess that I have noticed it because this time I am actually hoping to be pregnant therefore looking for any sign
    hahaha back to to drawing board for me....

thanks kawazuki....will get in as soon as he gets back

ok, just found out after reading heaps about conception....today is my first day of being fertile (not too sure about the terms you guys use in here) So tomorrow you all know what I'll be doing right??? SO excited. Thanks for all your help in clearing things up for me!

YAY! Gooo Nina! GL sweetie!