thread: Am I pregnant? Please helpp

Dec 2008
    Byron Bay, Australia Babyy

Exclamation Am I pregnant? Please helpp

Hey, I'm starting to think I may be pregnant?
    I'm currenly a week late, My belly is always bloated, I urinate alot, Alot of white sticky discarge, and I'm always tired.
    As much as I'd love to have a baby, I'm only 16 and know I'm not emotionly or financially ready for one,
    I have not yet taken a HPT, but somewhat plan to soon.
    Please helpp!
    thanks.

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

ohmigod, have you done a test?

I know that there are many options and support groups for you on this site so I hope whatever the outcome, you're happy!

Go get a test and speak to your doctor and they'll be able to point you in the right direction. Its great that you've been mature enough to recognise if you're ready or not You're a smart girl!

Dec 2008

No I haven't taken one yet, I plan to soon though,
    I live in a small country town in NSW and don't have much access to a chemist or doctors.
    thank you for your help
    x

BellyBelly Life Subscriber. Love a friend xxx

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Hun that sounds pretty scarey and I can only imagine that not knowing what is happening is doing your head in. Your symptoms are some that many women experience in early pregnancy, but also could be explained by a number of other health issues. Think it's probably a good idea to get a HPT as soon as you can and also try and get a doc's appt.

Hang in there, and keep asking questions... you've come to the right place.

Sep 2008
    In a cloud of madness.

:yeahthat:

good on you for recognising your feelings and staying somewhat rational though you must be going crazy.
    Hope the result is something your happy with.

Hugs. xx

Mar 2009
    USA

good luck

I hope it all works out for you. I hope this gives you some hope:
    When I was 12, my best friend had a baby at 13. She still went to school and took care of her baby. (with her parents help) But, every time I was at her house it was with her AND her baby and we all had lots of fun together, she took good care of him. She was awsome! I also had mine at 17, when I was 17 I was already renting on my own, so I didn't have the "parent" thing to worry about, but it all worked out well, now he 's 11 and I love him soooo much, I wouldn't have it any other way.

There is plenty of support whatever you decide to do if your pregnant, but I thought you would like to hear my experiences. If your not pregnant, there is lots of birth conrol you can get. For me, I liked the shot because you only take it every 3 months and it's worked for me in the past, but my little sister tried it and it was awful for her, but find one that works for you and stick with it until your ready!

if you are preg. it might seem scary to talk to your parents, but give them a chance, and if they take it badly at first, it could be that they need time to process it all, give them time. I don't know you or them, but in most cases they will come around, it's just a shock at first. it's like a band aid, the hardest part will be to open up to them, then you take it from there, but in most cases, it's the best thing to do. Good luck to you and I hope I helped in someway.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Hi

Supermarkets often sell home pregnancy test as well. I know it can be a bit hard in a small country town , but it is important you find out.

take care,

Kate

BellyBelly Life Subscriber. Love a friend xxx

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Elle, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and really hope things are going ok.

Dec 2008

thank you so much everyone.
    I did a pregnancy test and it came up neg
    but, I still have all the symptoms, I'm almost 2 weeks late now :S
    thank you so much ladies <3
    x

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

go and see your dr.

it could be that you are young and you period is having a silly month.
    when i was your age i would be regular for 6 months then for no reason id miss a period was very weird.

my doctor told me it was my hormones settling down etc

im sorry you haven't got an answer yet..

Sep 2007
    Off with the fairies

Hi there, Have you made an appointment with the doctor yet? You could go and talk to him/her about bith control methods that may suit you, there are a wide range out there, I know how easily it is to have an ooops baby, and I know how frightening it is waiting for your period to come. Best wishes.