Thread: Any advice girls ??

Default Any advice girls ??

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so I am a tad nervous but from reading teh oterh posts everyone osund so nice so here it goes ......

I was hoping I could get some advice. I came off the Pill after about 10 years on it last Feburary and my cycles were pretty much 28 days straight away.

I had my last period in September and haven't had one since. We got married 2 weeks ago so thought it may have been a bit of stress leading up to the wedding that may have thrown my cycles out. But as we are now really keen to start trying for a family I am gettng a bit concerned especially seeming they came back straight away and now have disappeared !

I have had my rubella checks and mentioned to the Doctor when I had skipped 3 periods and they didn't seem concerned, but I dont know why this could be happening. :-k

Any suggestions or advice would be great !!!

Thanks Heaps

Kristy

Hi Kristy, welcome to BellyBelly - I've certainly found it a very lovely place.

Sorry to hear about your weird cycles, but it's not unusual (in the UK, I think we have the same drugs) to come off the pill and wait up to a year for your cycle to re-start, or to have a few "normal" cycles and then have a 3-4 month wait; I do know of one girl who had 2 "normal" cycles then a 100-odd day wait. It's certainly lengthened my cycles, which is quite annoying, but if they vanished altogether I'd be even more vexed.

Like Shannon said, do a pregnancy test; would be great if you could cut out all the TTC lark! Not every pregnancy starts off with throwing up and body changes - only about 80% of pregnancies have morning sickness and I know my mum didn't have any changes at all with me (her first) until she was 6 months gone.

Best of luck to you
    Ryn

Hi Kirsty

Welcome to Belly Belly. I know that you will find heaps of information from the ladies here. Congrats on your recent wedding.

I was like you. Was on the pill for 11 years, came off in June 2004 and then didn't have an natural period for 7 months, and then took another 6 months to get them to start again without medication. My cycle is now about 45 days, which still isn't great, and I am on Clomid to help me ovulate.

I would recommend that you go back to your doctor. You may get prescribed something like Primolut N to kick start your cycle and probably would get referred for an ultrasound. The GP may also decide to send you straight to a Gynocologist. Blood tests will be done for hormone levels etc. If the Dr doesn't seem too interested, may be you should get one that is......

Best of luck - I know how frustrating it can be.

\/

deedeeze Guest

Hi Kristy

I came off of the pill after being on it for 8 years recently. So far it has been 58 days since my last period....

Anyway to satisfy myself I got checked out by the doctor. I had blood tests to check for hormone levels and an ultrasound to see if my ovaries look normal and if the uterus lining was thickening.

I would go and see your doctor and get these things done.

Before you do that maybe do a pregancy test to eliminate everything.

Thanks so much for your reply's.

I had a pregnancy test done at the Dr's just in case so no luck there.

I think I will go and see another Doctor as I really didn't feel like this Doctor really was that interested or concerned with anything I was saying.

I'm proably a bit flustrated because it is finally the right time for us now to have a family and AF decides to pack up and leave. I thought I would go off the Pill early to get everything sorted so I can learn to understand my cycles better, Oh well will definently book in and speak to another Doc about it.

You girls have been great , Thanks again.

Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel!

I came off the pill in September 2005 and AF hasn't been to visit since then ](*,) I went to see my doctor in December and she arranged blood tests. The results came back to say I was "mid cycle" and all other hormone tests were normal. I have decided to wait until early March (that will be six months) and if AF hasn't arrived I'll go back to my doctor to see what she can suggest.

Its so frustrating when you and DH decide to start trying and your body decides to go into hibernation. I hope you find a doctor who is more sypathetic to your plight.

hey girls - when i came off the pill i had a three month wait to get my AF back - i wasn't Oing - it can be stress or it could be somethign else- Dr's will wait till six months have gone by before they start to become concerned and do testing unless there is some previous history. Do get a second opinion if you wish - but you may get the same answer - lets hope that now the wedding is over you'll relax and it will be all good...