Thread: Any help would be appreciated

Default Any help would be appreciated

Hi
    My last period was on the 18th of June and lasted 7 days so it ended on 25th of june, I then had unprotected sex on the 30th of June and then again on the 7th of July.. Im now 4 days late! My period usually is a 28 day cycle but sometimes comes a day or 2 early but never late.

I have taken 1 home test and was negative

What i want to know is, Is it possible to fall pregnant with those dates 1 being 13days into my cycle the other being 20 days in.

And how long should i wait before testing? or going to the doctors to have a blood test..

At the moment I have slight breast tenderness, mild cramping on left side on and off a thin milky discharge and i keep going to the toilet. and Ive been really hungry which is very unusual for me as i just pick at food.

Also just wondering my partner is a twin, what are the chances of having twins if i were pregnant?

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer...

You could well be pregnant but you'll just have to play the waiting game, sorry! Try another test tomorrow with FMU (first morning urine). There isn't much point going to the doctor yet as they won't generally do a blood test until you've received a positive pregnancy test. However, if you're still getting negative tests and your period is late by a week or more, it could be worth a trip to the doctor. Pregnancy tests are pretty reliable these days though so they should detect a positive pregnancy. Keep trying, try some different brands too! I highly recommend the digital tests too as they are super sensitive but they are a bit pricey.

If your cycle is pretty standard, then you are *likely* to ovulate around the middle of your cycle but it does vary for everyone. Sperm can survive for up to 5 days though so even if you o'd late, you could have caught the egg with either of your BD sessions.

The tender breasts are a good sign although I didn't have breast tenderness until about 7 weeks. In saying that though, pregnany symptoms are different for everyone. Most of my symptoms didn't kick in properly until 6 weeks then I really knew all about it, LOL!

The chances of twins is a hard one to determine. Fraternal twins are heredity but generally on the woman's side (see info below):

Factors that increase the odds of having twins
    Some women are more likely than others to give birth to twins. The factors that increase the odds include:

Advancing age of the mother – women in their 30s and 40s have higher levels of the sex hormone oestrogen than younger women, which means their ovaries are stimulated to produce more than one egg at a time.
    Number of previous pregnancies – the greater the number of pregnancies a woman has already had, the higher her odds of conceiving twins.
    Heredity – a woman is more likely to conceive fraternal twins if she is a fraternal twin, has already had fraternal twins, or has siblings who are fraternal twins.
    Race – Black African women have the highest incidence of twins, while Asian women have the lowest.
    Assisted reproductive techniques – many procedures rely on stimulating the ovaries with fertility drugs to produce eggs and, often, several eggs are released per ovulation.

I hope that helps a little. Good luck and fingers crossed you get your BFP very soon!

Thanks for your reply and the information on twins, I am 35 years old and have had 3 kids already all 3 years apart at the 3 year mark again lol

But I am not a twin, and have never thought about it till now as he is a new partner.

I havent ever tried the digital one before but have a different test here and will try that in the morning.

I sort of thought I could of caught the egg with either BD sessions but am a little confused as to how long that would make conception if it was the 30th or the 7th does that mean (30th) i'd be around 18days and if (7th) around 11 days..

Thank you for your help!!

No probs!

As far as how far pregnant you would be, it's counted from the first day of your last period. So if your last period was 32 days ago, you would be 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant (if you are pregnant that is). If you're trying to work out DPO (days past ovulation) then you really need to know when you ovulated. Do you chart at all? Take your temp? A temp rise happens after ovulation so that's a good way to find out but it usually takes a few months to detect a pattern. Did you notice any ovulations signs like EWCM (egg white cervical mucous), ovulation pains, etc?

So lets say you ovulated on day 14 and your cycles are normally 28 days and you're now 4 days late, you would be 18dpo

Does that help?

I'd say there is a good chance you could be pregnant. Ovulation usually occurs in the middle of the cycle (approx 14-15 days into it from the date your period started) Sperm can live inside you for up to 4-5 days. (The girl ones tend to last the distance of time).

Not sure about the twins thing. I have a feeling twins normally skips a generation or two but you never know.

This is a great article on conception.
    ://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/conception/cervical-mucus-can-indicate-ovulation-fertile

Good luck either way. be sure to pop in and let us know how you go. There is some great advice on these forums